Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ?

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ?
I have some REALLY REALLY great places to puts stuff, Some day I'll remember where they are cause I can NEVER find the stuff after I put it there... :eek: ??? lol

Right now I'm missing the Browning 22 hand gun I had given to my brother, after he passed I took it back as I was owner of record. I went to shot it and nope can't find that thing for anything. I have a S.S. of the same gun and had them together in the cabin yet only my S.S. one is there. I'm assuming I brought it home to put it into my catalog/home inventory (which it is there electronically on my inventory) but physically MIA. Same goes for a bunch of small things, like a brand new 100' of 1/2" rope & a older used length of same stuff.

Mark

Mark....I am in the same boat...that is exactly what I am talking about...It will drive you nuts ....won't it ? :):confused3:

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #22  
Mark....I am in the same boat...that is exactly what I am talking about...It will drive you nuts ....won't it ? :):confused3:

I have a 1/4 cable that I bought to close off our road before putting up the gate. The cable is used every once in awhile with the come along....

At the end of 2011 I was cutting the huge limb off a dead tree. I was having to cut the limb with a hand held/powered saw and I got to a point that the bow saw would not longer fit. I then used a cross cut saw. :shocked: Since I was on a ladder doing all of this I did not want them limb to fall off while I was hanging on the tree. So I got out the come along and started looking for that cable to throw over the limb. For the life of me I could not find that ^&*()__@U$%*$()^* cable. I had to throw a rope over the limb to haul TWO logging cables into the air. :shocked::thumbdown: Eventually I got everything rigged up and I was able to pull the limb down safely. This limb was 12-18 inches in diameter.

Pulling those logging chains, attached to a rope, over the limb was real fun. NOT!

A month or so ago, I found the ^&*()_@#)%*)&@ cable. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Some dummy had put a brand new, still in the plastic, tarp over the cable. :rolleyes: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ?
I have a 1/4 cable that I bought to close off our road before putting up the gate. The cable is used every once in awhile with the come along....

At the end of 2011 I was cutting the huge limb off a dead tree. I was having to cut the limb with a hand held/powered saw and I got to a point that the bow saw would not longer fit. I then used a cross cut saw. :shocked: Since I was on a ladder doing all of this I did not want them limb to fall off while I was hanging on the tree. So I got out the come along and started looking for that cable to throw over the limb. For the life of me I could not find that ^&*()__@U$%*$()^* cable. I had to throw a rope over the limb to haul TWO logging cables into the air. :shocked::thumbdown: Eventually I got everything rigged up and I was able to pull the limb down safely. This limb was 12-18 inches in diameter.

Pulling those logging chains, attached to a rope, over the limb was real fun. NOT!

A month or so ago, I found the ^&*()_@#)%*)&@ cable. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Some dummy had put a brand new, still in the plastic, tarp over the cable. :rolleyes: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

Gee Dan, We could start a club...Now all we need is a name...in time we could charge dues and have parties...:thumbsup:;)

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #24  
I have some REALLY REALLY great places to puts stuff, Some day I'll remember where they are cause I can NEVER find the stuff after I put it there... :eek: ??? lol

Right now I'm missing the Browning 22 hand gun I had given to my brother, after he passed I took it back as I was owner of record. I went to shot it and nope can't find that thing for anything. I have a S.S. of the same gun and had them together in the cabin yet only my S.S. one is there. I'm assuming I brought it home to put it into my catalog/home inventory (which it is there electronically on my inventory) but physically MIA. Same goes for a bunch of small things, like a brand new 100' of 1/2" rope & a older used length of same stuff.

Mark

The rope has to be behind the seat in your truck. :laughing:

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #25  
The rope has to be behind the seat in your truck. :laughing:

I'd be afraid to look behind the seat of my truck.......I think something might be living back there!:laughing:

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #26  
I "misplaced" my dd214. Its somewhere in the house just can't find it. Had to send off for a copy from the dod. Just last week lost a practically new spring assisted Kershaw knife while cutting brush. I remember using but after that its a blank. Thats the second pocket knife I have lost in the last year.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #27  
Always heard that DD-214's could be registered with your local courthouse... talked to my clerk of the court many years ago and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Yep, they are IMPORTANT documents.

mark

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #28  
Being a very organized person, I have a safe deposit box and home safe and have almost never misplaced a document of any type. About keepsakes...this is quite a story: My parents gave me a beautiful white gold diamond ring for my 30th birthday and I was very attached to it. About twelve years later, I went out late at night to help someone jump start their car in a parking lot several miles away, and I removed the ring and placed it in my pocket. Upon getting home, I unlocked the back door, went in the house, and emptied my pockets looking for the ring. It had disappeared. Went back to the parking lot and searched and searched, no luck. I figured I would never see the ring again. Well, that was in about 1995, and in mid 2002 I began moving the back porch concrete patio slabs...about 35 feet long by 5 feet deep sections, 7 sections...I grooved them with a concrete saw, then jacked them up and put them on pipe sections so I could pull them away from the house. As I was working on the section closest to the back door, as I levered it away from the foundation I saw something that looked like a bottle cap...it was between the concrete and the foundation...there was an expansion joint that had weathered away and when I pulled my keys from my pocket back in 1995 the ring came out and ended up in the half inch wide crack. Amazing that I found it.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #29  
about 20 years ago the company my brother woked for had sold out and he called me ask me if i was intrested in some file cabinets, my first reaction was why am i going to drive all the way there for something i can buy here and not waste my time or gas, then he proceded to tell me i couldn't buy these cabinets . there was 3 of them 5 drawers each and each one of them weighed 900 lb they are fire proof. i said i sure do so thats where all our documents are in them cabinets one of the best gimmie's i ever had.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #30  
I just love it when people tell you they were looking for something and they found it "in the last place they looked for it."
Well you would wouldn't you; coz you'd then stop looking. :)