Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ?

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #31  
Always a fire proof safe, but I always scan a copy and save it on my computer so if I want to see it for some reason I can just "search" for it and in seconds have it pop up on my screen. I also back up my drive and store a copy off site just in case. So far it has worked pretty well and that way I am not finding and refiling when I want something.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #32  
My Dad has always been good at putting things "some where safe", then never being able to find it later.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #33  
About half of every job is hunting for the tool or document I put "there so I can find it quickly the next time"

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #34  
About half of every job is hunting for the tool or document I put "there so I can find it quickly the next time"

And people give me a hard time because I have twenty hammers and fifty screwdrivers? It's because the time I save not looking for the tool I need basically pays for all the duplicate ones....:laughing:

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #35  
The rope has to be behind the seat in your truck. :laughing:

Ya I might try looking there for sure. The "Red Rope" was/is brand new still all wrapped up nice in plastic. I bought it and stuck it on the wall in the barn on a nail even installed the NAIL to place it where I KNEW it would stay till I needed it. Well fast forward and I now have concrete in my barn and I had pulled a LOT of the stuff off walls and out of the barn & my brother and I cut in all the extra windows to make pouring the concrete easier. Well the NAIL sat in one of the stringers where there is NOW a window. Hate to think I tossed the boards and rope and all out lol...

I also had a OLD one that had Roofing Paint all over it as i used it as a safety rope on the old house. It was rolled up loosely in same area also missing. ARGH so I ended using the Boat Anchor Rope for pulling on the tree tops.

I ALSO lost my DD214, but had taken it to the County Veterans Office to get my benefits started & they had a copy. We can get Military ID plates here in Ohio but you HAVE to have your DD214 as they give them to us but we have to PROVE honorable Discharge and military awards etc. You can get Purple hearts Medal of honer et all (Mine are Air Force Plates.) We still have to buy the registration but the Military custom metal plate parts is free. I took it in for my plates and must have left it or placed it in the all important hiding place...

My biggest concern is the missing 22 handgun, I looked 2 times thru the house/cabin still no luck. I think it must be here in my GF's house somewhere (She is a pack rat hoarder what ever ya want to call it.) I can't for the life of me convince her that adding a SHELF/Storage bins will not help when everything is piled floor to ceiling. HAVE to get rid of it or her if she won't listen, which is partly why I have NOT finished my "Barndominium" with finished off 2nd floor as she just keeps buying junk & piling it in... I have to admit my tools are not very organized witch makes finding what ya want harder however I do know where a good bit of it is stored but only after I quit looking or gave up & bought a NEW ONE at which point I set it down right besides the first one I was missing! lol

Mark

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #36  
Always heard that DD-214's could be registered with your local courthouse... talked to my clerk of the court many years ago and he didn't have a clue what I was talking about. Yep, they are IMPORTANT documents.

mark

Last thing I was told when I was discharged was take dd214 to recorders office which I did. That was 50 years ago don't know why I still have the original. Last time I saw it was two years ago now I don't know where it is somewhere safe I think.

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #37  
   / Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #38  
Gee Dan, We could start a club...Now all we need is a name...in time we could charge dues and have parties...:thumbsup:;)

The Forget Me Nots? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ? #39  
I "misplaced" my dd214. Its somewhere in the house just can't find it. Had to send off for a copy from the dod. Just last week lost a practically new spring assisted Kershaw knife while cutting brush. I remember using but after that its a blank. Thats the second pocket knife I have lost in the last year.

I lost a really nice knife when I was putting up posted signs a few years ago. I know almost EXACTLY where that knife had to fall but I can't find it. The knife went right down in the leaf litter and disappeared. One day I am going to borrow the FIL's metal detector and see if I can get that knife back..... It was AL and SS so it should be ok. Hopefully. :confused3::D:D:D

Later,
Dan

/ Have you ever lost a really important legal document or keepsake and then found it ?
The Forget Me Nots? :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

Hey Dan, We could have meetings here on TBN ..Where we all sign in and say...Hi...I'm _________ and I am a Forget me Not...and here is the latest important thing I have lost and will probably never see again....We could offer each other losers support...:laughing: