Have you ever stepped on a rake?

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #11  
If you step on the shovel tip just right and then realize in a flash that the handle is coming your way, you can grab it and make yourself look like that was what you planned all along.:cool2:

Yeah, I saw some dude do that on a landscaping show on TV so I tried it.... once. :laughing:

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #13  
:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I saw that trick too. So why were my knuckles hurting from my practicing the easy pick-up? Reminding me of my son"s numchucks,Never pick those things up.. That way your back and sides won't hurt from twrilling them around.

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #14  
In my younger days I had to spend a lot of time around rakes and shovels and was pretty good about being able to pick them up with a foot assist regardless of the way they were laying on the ground. I tried to remember to drop them in the "safe" manner, but did not alway do so. Amazingly, I never accidentally stepped on one, although my younger brother did a couple of times.

Nowadays, I protect my phenomenal track record by avoiding any work I cannot do from the seat of my tractor and entrust my son to the important work that requires a "skilled" hand. :D

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #15  
never had a rake attach me.. BUT I did almost knock myself out as a kid using a hatchet.. Chopping roots in two to make a mini-bike path and got lower to see what I was doing and whacked myself between the eyes with the hammer end of the hatchet on the backswing..

Brian

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #16  
I was wondering. How many of you has ever stepped on a rake and got smacked in the head?

Chad

I never have but a friend of mine was working on a construction job and he got it bad. Ended up in the hospital, they took all kinds of tests and x-rays, found out he broke bones in his neck :eek:

I'm like the rake police, if I see a rake on the ground or even leaning against a wall the wrong way, I fix it.

I don't do the shovel trick, but it must be like what my kid does with his skateboard.

JB.

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #17  
The rake thing reminds me of Tom and Jerry. A classic pratfall.

When I was about 17 I was unloading some big burlap sacks of grain using a hand truck to move them to the barn. I leaned the hand truck aginst the pickup bumper and when I set the sack on it it stood up and the blunt tubing of the hand truck frame smacked me on the top of my head. I staggered back and when I pulled my hand away it was bloody. Pretty funny except for the excruciating pain. In wrestling we always did excercises where we had 2 feet and our heads touching the mat and rolled our head all around supporting most of our body weight. I guess that toughened up my skull.

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #18  
I do what ever I can to keep the tools leaned up against something.

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #19  
I saw that trick too. So why were my knuckles hurting from my practicing the easy pick-up? Reminding me of my son"s numchucks,Never pick those things up.. That way your back and sides won't hurt from twrilling them around.

Been there, done, that, too. Hii YAAA. WOOSH WOOSH WOOSH THUNK!!! :confused2:

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #20  
Growing up if you left a rake pointing in the wrong direction... I worried a lot more about the smack from my father vs. the rake :confused2:. You'd get "smacked into the middle of next week." :confused: Never cared to find the true meaning of that line thus I can't remember ever leaving a rake pointing the wrong way.