Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510

/ Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510 #1  

ZEEKMAN65.

Tractor
CK3510SEHCB
Every time I go to hook up a tiller or mower the splines don't match up. I haven't found a way to shift it into neutral. My other tractor can. I called my dealer twice and they never gave me an answer.

/ Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510 #2  
Every time I go to hook up a tiller or mower the splines don't match up. I haven't found a way to shift it into neutral. My other tractor can. I called my dealer twice and they never gave me an answer.
I don't know about switching it into neutral? but take a large screwdriver and slide it thru the yolk on your PTO shaft coming off of your mower and rotate it until the splines line up, usually it can be done by hand.

/ Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510 #3  
I have tried to connect an implement to the tractor PTO for the first time.

I could not get the attachment to slide onto the PTO. I think it is a subtle alignment issue between the female splines of the implement and the male splines of the tractor PTO.

New PTO powered implements, connecting to new tractor PTO splines are always difficult. Once implement and tractor PTO parts are somewhat worn in, mating becomes easier.

Clean mating parts, lubrication and technique are the keys.

Most here like Eureka Fluid Film as PTO lube. I prefer wax chain lube in an aerosol can.

Grease is too thick.

WD-40 burns off. Shaft goes on "OK" cold but can be difficult to disconnect when hot. WD-40 leaves a sticky fish-oil residue which accumulates.

Connect the implement to the tractor via two Lower Link pins and one Top Link pin. Lift implement hydraulically until implement PTO shaft and tractor PTO spines are perfectly level, one with the other.

Turn tractor engine off, disengage PTO so tractor PTO splines can be turned by hand.

Turn male splines by hand until they align with female shaft indents. Slide shaft onto tractor splines. Retract whatever type of detent you have, button or collar, then push the implement shaft the final two inches onto the tractor PTO stub.

If the PTO shaft and tractor splines are NOT perfectly level it is almost impossible to shove implement shaft on to tractor PTO splines.

I am 74 years old. I can mount implement and connect the PTO on my heavier tractor without too much difficulty in five minutes

Hi folks...took a bit of time and fussing but wanted to update you. PTO connection problem was resolved by leveling the implement to the PTO.

/ Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510 #4  
I'm using a quick connect adapter on my mowers. Not cheap but for sure easier.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 256
   / Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510 #5  
I hope you're not trying to connect while the tractor is running. o_O

/ Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510 #6  
As Jeff9366 - post#3 - indicartes. New will usually be tuff. As things/parts wear in it will become easier. I use a few "tricks" but at 81 - there are THOSE times.

I support the drive shaft with a bungee cord. One less thing to fiddle with when making the connection to the PTO stub. My tractor PTO stub DOES rotate by hand. Another thing that helps. Ultra clean and well greased helps also.

/ Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510 #8  
   / Having a tuff time installing implements on my CK3510 #10  
Maybe I'm over simplifying but I always hook up the implement 3pt. first, raise the implement (Tiller, bushhog) and hook the PTO shaft last so that I can turn the implements shaft to match the splines on the tractor. I have not had any issue with this.

I don't shut the tractor off either. Maybe I'm living dangerous in that regard but as long as no one else is around, I don't see that PTO button engaging itself.