Hay hauling

/ Hay hauling #11  
We loaded it out of the field, off wagons. Dad loaded and stacked. I threw it over, and eventually up to him. 3/4" manilla ropes tied to outside corners front and back, and a come-a-long snugged it top/center. Then hauled 25 miles home.

I still haul round bales on it to this day, plus whatever else. I'd like to see what all it has hauled over the years in a pile. Although, I'm not sure it would all fit in one pile..., LOL...

/ Hay hauling #12  
That is a cool pic. That trailer looks built very very well for a homebuilt. Glad it stayed in the family all these years.

Chris

/ Hay hauling #13  
We salvaged a mobile home with drop center axles. Built back when mobile homes were "mobile", LOL... Used the tongue, and axles. The main frame is 12" I-beams. Note the holes cut in it to lighten it. The mobile home frame was long enough to "X", 10' front and back of center, to keep from racking. Metal roof trusses for cross members, 12" O.C. Floor is about 7/8" Poplar, ship lapped, and screwed to cross members and painted top & bottom.

When things settle down, I need to give the ole' girl a new paint job, to restore it to it's former glory. It surely deserves it...

/ Hay hauling #14  
I can haul 17 - 4 X 5 rolls on my 30 foot trailer pulling with a 2002 F250

Attachments

• Hay 005.jpg
    Hay 005.jpg
    609.5 KB · Views: 676