Hay Ride Wagon Build

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #71  
How about getting 3 old couches, one up front and one on each side and making a portable conversation pit.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #72  
The bed floor is about 36” tall. So a little taller would be nice. I am looking at some folding stairs that have 4 steps. Just not sure how far out the A frame would keep the top step from the back of the wagon. Definitely would be a gap to step across.
I have seen flip down steps to get into parade wagons. It keeps the look of the wagon correct and the steps flip down when needed. Someone will always have to assist those getting in and out.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #73  
Your little red wagon is a neat idea and there are lots of ways to stray from the mission. My opinion is the closest duplicate to the original kid's wagon.

When that's done, let the rest figure itself out and go with whatever doesn't change the original purpose. Compromises blur visions.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
Your little red wagon is a neat idea and there are lots of ways to stray from the mission. My opinion is the closest duplicate to the original kid's wagon.

When that's done, let the rest figure itself out and go with whatever doesn't change the original purpose. Compromises blur visions.
This is so true! Even with the logo it needs be consistent with this goal. I have asked many people because of the comments here and they all seem to agree it should be personalized. But whatever it ends up being, it must have the same appearance as the original.

Thanks for this insight.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #75  
My first thought after watching your video is that you need a BIGGER tractor!!!! That wagon makes your tractor look like a little toy. :)

I think you need the stairs to be permanently attached to the wagon. You don't want to rely on somebody putting them in place for an elderly person to climb down on and risk falling off of them.

My thought is to weld on a set of very solid stairs to the back of it with a railing that either folds up all the way, or is permanent for most of the way with the last step being able to fold down if you think it might hit something.

That wagon is just too high up in the air to risk anybody getting hurt, and not having solid stairs means that eventually, somebody is going to get hurt.

I wonder if patio chairs would work for sitting? It's too nice for just hay bales!!!!

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
My first thought after watching your video is that you need a BIGGER tractor!!!! That wagon makes your tractor look like a little toy. :)

I think you need the stairs to be permanently attached to the wagon. You don't want to rely on somebody putting them in place for an elderly person to climb down on and risk falling off of them.

My thought is to weld on a set of very solid stairs to the back of it with a railing that either folds up all the way, or is permanent for most of the way with the last step being able to fold down if you think it might hit something.

That wagon is just too high up in the air to risk anybody getting hurt, and not having solid stairs means that eventually, somebody is going to get hurt.

I wonder if patio chairs would work for sitting? It's too nice for just hay bales!!!!
:ROFLMAO: Yeah, my tractor is a toy no doubt.

My dad sure did not concern himself with falling when he made me climb into cotton trailers to walk down the cotton. Then have to jump up and pull myself out so the picker could dump the next load. 😂

I might one day build a bench that could be installed and removed for the times we don’t mess with hay. But for now I like the idea of having it open. I had them build it so the sides could be removed and the wagon used for other purposes if needed. Not sure I ever will but like the idea of keeping that option.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #77  
Getting in and out of the wagon as a kid was the part where it would tip over.

Then there was going down a hill and trying to stop.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
Getting in and out of the wagon as a kid was the part where it would tip over.

Then there was going down a hill and trying to stop.
I don’t remember trying to stop going down hills. I do remember wanting to go faster and loosing control resulting in a crash. Then getting up to do it all over again. :ROFLMAO:

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
I asked our marketing consultant on ideas for the logo. She likes Frazier’s Flyer (our last name) and instead of Town and Country put Friends and Family. She quickly sketched this out. Man I wish I had her talent. Thoughts?

0044B91F-A7E2-47C3-B0E3-1ABDEDD24F3C.jpeg