Hay Ride Wagon Build

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #1  

K5lwq

Elite Member
Tractor
Kioti LK2554, Branson 4815C, Satoh Beaver, Speedex
I have been looking for an old farm wagon running gear for quite some time. There is not many to be found around my area. I would like to build a wagon to do hay rides with the grandkids and such.

There is one that I just found but it looks homemade and not sure what the thought process was on this design.

The asking price is $300.00 but not sure this is the right candidate for my use. I will not be able to see it till next week but wanted to get some input from some of you smarter folks. Here are a few bad pictures.

IMG_0171.jpeg

IMG_0170.jpeg

IMG_0169.jpeg

Any thoughts on making a hay wagon out of this?

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #2  
I've never built one before, pulled one before, or even seen one in person before. But for $300, I don't see how you could go wrong. If the axles turn and the bolt pattern isn't something odd like a mobile home, and you can get rims for it at a good price, I'd probably go for it.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #3  
Abilene Craigslist has this one with springs. That might be nicer for hauling people around.

Tractor House has this a hay feeder wagon that's really nice, but it's over four grand.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #4  
I changed my searches to just "wagon" and found these

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
The one in Abilene is a much better candidate no doubt. The good thing about the one I am looking at is it is close.

The one in Canton never replied to my inquiry so thinking it is out.

The one in Tatum may be worth looking at. Need to add that to the list.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #7  
Sounds like fun. I'd imagine someone would expect you to put in seating, with safety belts and airbags, ROPS and who knows what else on that wagon.

We always just rode on grandpa's hay wagon. Not that much different than our utility trailer. If I ever decide to give family hay rides, I'd just put small square bales around the perimeter of my trailer and let them sit on the bales.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build #8  
I've been wanting to stop at the place in Canton. He seems to have a lot of interesting stuff. I've driven past it a few times, but I've always been short on time. He had a manure wagon on Craigslist that I wanted, but didn't want to spend the money on, and now think I should have. I haven't tried to contact him

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
Sounds like fun. I'd imagine someone would expect you to put in seating, with safety belts and airbags, ROPS and who knows what else on that wagon.

We always just rode on grandpa's hay wagon. Not that much different than our utility trailer. If I ever decide to give family hay rides, I'd just put small square bales around the perimeter of my trailer and let them sit on the bales.
I could use my trailer but like the idea of no tongue weight. Also want to share some of what life was like on the farm. I can teach the kids how to back one of these which is challenging for most folks.

/ Hay Ride Wagon Build
I've been wanting to stop at the place in Canton. He seems to have a lot of interesting stuff. I've driven past it a few times, but I've always been short on time. He had a manure wagon on Craigslist that I wanted, but didn't want to spend the money on, and now think I should have. I haven't tried to contact him
I don’t know where he is located at in Canton but have seen he advertises a lot of stuff. Most is priced too high in my opinion.