heavy ramps are too heavy

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #11  
MY question is, are they indeed heavy enough for your branson without bending in the middle??? Only looks like 4" c-channel to me. And 10' is quite a span. I bet over time they will become smiley faces.

And when loading heavy, you need something to support the tail of the trailer, so it doesnt lift the back of you truck and put undue stress on the hitch.

With the dove, I think you are going to have a hard time finding 10' length to slide them in. How wide is your trailer??? 8'??? Perhaps you could only shave a few feet off of them and slide them in the width of the trailer?.

/ heavy ramps are too heavy
   / heavy ramps are too heavy
Well, scratch everything. I just sold the trailer. A guy stopped by and made me an offer I couldnt refuse. I still have the ramps tho. I guess im in the market for another trailer LOL. Any suggestions for haulin my Branson 6530C W/FEL?

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #14  
Well, scratch everything. I just sold the trailer. A guy stopped by and made me an offer I couldnt refuse. I still have the ramps tho. I guess im in the market for another trailer LOL. Any suggestions for haulin my Branson 6530C W/FEL?

Get a low boy. I had a deck over and hated it. Mine now is only 14" from the ground with no dove tail.

Chris

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #15  
Another answer for the "too heavy ramp" problem--cut them in half:

20000-lb-trailer-ramps-2.jpg

Bruce

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #16  
Get a low boy. I had a deck over and hated it. Mine now is only 14" from the ground with no dove tail.

Chris

I agree, no more deckovers for me unless all I was hauling was skids or pallets. I just picked up a Load Trail with a equipment dove. That eliminated the heavy ramps and still gives me 10-12" of rear clearence. So far it is working really well. I am no longer afraid of bending my slide in ramps with my 12k loader and don't have to worry about blocking the back of the trailer up when loading. CJ

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #17  
I agree, no more deckovers for me unless all I was hauling was skids or pallets. I just picked up a Load Trail with a equipment dove. That eliminated the heavy ramps and still gives me 10-12" of rear clearence. So far it is working really well. I am no longer afraid of bending my slide in ramps with my 12k loader and don't have to worry about blocking the back of the trailer up when loading. CJ

How about a pic? I had a deckover too, now I have "drive over fenders" and really like it. Still can't beat the goose though.....

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #18  
How about a pic? I had a deckover too, now I have "drive over fenders" and really like it. Still can't beat the goose though.....

My gooseneck had the driveover fenders, I really liked them because of the toughness but anything that was too wide to use the driveovers was too heavy for the trailer. So I opted for the removables on this unit. I liked the Gooseneck for heavy loads and the fact that most people can't borrow it. But with this trailer I just say no and I have full use of the bed in the truck. I'll get a pic tonight. CJ

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #19  
My gooseneck had the driveover fenders, I really liked them because of the toughness but anything that was too wide to use the driveovers was too heavy for the trailer. So I opted for the removables on this unit. I liked the Gooseneck for heavy loads and the fact that most people can't borrow it. But with this trailer I just say no and I have full use of the bed in the truck. I'll get a pic tonight. CJ

Removeable fenders? Hmmmm.... That's an idea.....

/ heavy ramps are too heavy #20  
Back it in July, 2005, I found the perfect gooseneck trailer for me, 18' metal deck and a 4' pop-up dovetail.

The ramps lay flat on the dovetail.
P9062372.JPG

For hauling square hay bales, raise the dovetail and the ramps make a back stop.
P9062364.JPG

For round bales, leave the dovetail down and ramps hold the last one or two bales in place.
P7310009.JPG

For equipment, ramps slide in to match tread width, and support the rear of the trailer.
P9062369.JPG PC190002.JPG
Ordered it with a receiver hitch and 7 pin plug, to pull a 16' deckover with 6 big round bales on it.