Help me identify this noise.

/ Help me identify this noise. #1  

clemsonfor

Tractor
Yanmar YM2000
I haven't even looked at the parts breakdown or opened it up. I heard this noise coming out of the garden after disking part of it under. I think it may be a bearing noise. Look at this video I made and posted to YouTube so I could link it here.

/ Help me identify this noise.
I should also note that the sound is not heard at all from the opposite side.

/ Help me identify this noise. #5  
Yep I was just looking at those. I think someone took that shaft out on one post before and it seems like an in depth job, not hard just several steps to get it out. I know @California replaced one of those housings...was it him or someone else? Maybe even you @Winston?
Me. Here's where I described the project. But I was replacing a broken housing, so I put in a replacement housing complete instead of tearing it down.

That does sound like the outer or inner bearing.

/ Help me identify this noise. #6  
never been in one like yours but I think to remove the axle you have to pull the pto unit to access a bolt that holds the big bull gear on. That allows the axle shaft to come out. Not sure that pulling the pto unit might be your best move. Pretty much anything you do in the rear end is going to require that anyway. It will also let you take a better internal look.

Somewhere I am almost positive I saw someone press that shaft out of that housing? Maybe the member a girl and her tractor, she has some posts that detail some work...maybe that's over on the Hoye forum? Someone has done it somewhere on these forums and the post has some age on it because bot was years ago I read it.

never been in one like yours but I think to remove the axle you have to pull the pto unit to access a bolt that holds the big bull gear on. That allows the axle shaft to come out. Not sure that pulling the pto unit might be your best move. Pretty much anything you do in the rear end is going to require that anyway. It will also let you take a better internal look.
I think the PTO unit does need to be removed to get that but off the bull gear. Its detailed somewhere, I just can't remember where and the search feature here isn't any good when I looked. I will have to use Google to try to force it to find the post here or at Hoye...after I just look on their site I guess for it. Maybe I'll message Aaron and see if he remembers it off his site?

Hour for sure has a video on pulling the PTO

/ Help me identify this noise. #10  
I think to remove the axle you have to pull the pto unit to access a bolt that holds the big bull gear on. That allows the axle shaft to come out.
Yes.

That thread I linked has photos. After the big nut is removed and the bull gear slipped off the axle, the inner axle bearing came out of the housing easily, as the whole housing and everything slipped off.

I have no idea if the outer bearing can be removed from the axle shaft without tearing down the whole assembly. I think I remember reading that this is necessary.