HELP! My ZD326 kills when I move a handle

/ HELP! My ZD326 kills when I move a handle #11  
   / HELP! My ZD326 kills when I move a handle #13  
I had one where the switches were misaligned. If you brought either handle in it died. Both handles pulled at same time and it would go.
Good luck, these things get frustrating

/ HELP! My ZD326 kills when I move a handle
Is this the brake light switch or the brake safety switch? The pedal does not align with this switch and never pushes it in. If the engine is running and I am off the tractor and push this switch in, it will kill the motor. If I am sitting on the seat and push the button in, it will keep running but when I move the control levers, it kills.

Attachments

• IMG_5441.JPG
    IMG_5441.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5452.JPG
    IMG_5452.JPG
    976.9 KB · Views: 50
Got it fixed. The brake pedal was not pushing the brake switch in because an inch broke off of the brace that is supposed to push in the button. I don't know what could have caused that 1/4" steel brace to break because it wasn't in an area where it could hit anything.

With a little tenderness and a lot of sweat I was able to bend some brackets where the pedal would line up with the button. Very unusual situation.

Last edited:
   / HELP! My ZD326 kills when I move a handle #16  
The switch mounting bracket is definitely bent or broke. You can see in the pictures were the button normally hits the tab to push the button.

It isn't the mounting bracket that's broken. It is the tab on the brake pedal that pushes in the switch button. In the photo you can see it is broken off about 1/8" before it touches the button.