help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #1  

essmjay

I started a thread in the parts/repair forum for this problem if you want the long story. Short story is I hit a rock while mowing and something in the pto snapped. I am in the process of disassembly to diagnose.
IMG_20200624_184912.jpg
As you can see, I am down to the hard part. I have never taken this apart before and I am GUESSING that all the top parts stay together and the lid separates from the main body of the transmission housing. If I do this, are any parts going to fall out of the top unit? Does anyone have a parts diagram for this assembly? Or perhaps some service manual pages?
Shane

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #2  
If the Mitzu MTE 2000D is the same as a Mitsubishi MTE 2000 you can check with Valley Power
They may even have the parts diagram and technical manual. They were a lifesaver for my Mitsubishi.

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #3  
Wait .... without reading the long version; why did the shearpin not shatter first?

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #4  
This is his other opening post:

I have a Mitsubishi MTE 2000D. Everything was fine until today while mowing a field I hit a 50 pound rock that wasn't there last year. Someone put it there to mark something I guess. I was swinging a 60" brush hog and broke the rock into three pieces. I stopped and picked up the pieces and started mowing again. Then 20 feet later there was a breaking metallic sound and the mower stopped rotating. Looking down I saw oil coming out from the bottom of the pto shaft where it exits the transmission. The output shaft is all floppy. I managed to get the mower off and the tractor back in the barn. I am wondering if anyone knows what my next step should be and what may have broken. I am guessing I will have to go into the transmission. There are 4 large bolts on the plate that is around the shaft where it exits the transmission. Could it maybe be as simple as removing the plate would allow access for repair? Any and all suggestions are welcome. I am a fair mechanic, enough to know to not just start ripping and tearing into it without knowing where I am going with it. Help?

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #5  
Thanks, that answers that; there was an improper shearpin or worse, someone used a hardened bolt instead. Expensive lesson for a dollar or two shearpin.

That description sounds like the pto shaft at worst, likely shattered, or at maybe less, worse tore itself out and broke some splines.

There is no option that I know of on the Mitsubishi but to drain the hydraulic case and open it from the top down. I hope you have the I&T or the Mitsubishi service manual to show how all the shafts and selectors stack up.

ALSO take pictures when you crack the lid and take out the upper selector shafts, you NEED to know where they and the shift rings were to put it back together properly.

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #6  
   / help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D
All is good. PTO shaft was bounced back so the bearings were no longer seated. Was was able to drive the bearings and shaft back into place and now just need to button it up. IMG_20200626_172000.jpgBefore
IMG_20200626_173333.jpgAfter
Shane

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #9  
You made out very lucky, I am not sure I've saw that happen before without oil pouring out the pto shaft hole.

If you are using an extendable pto shaft, it may be a bit too long and is not able to compress with implement movement.

Looks like it was time for a fluid change as well, so that's a bonus. Sucks having to open a case just after a change and replacing the oil again.