help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D
You made out very lucky, I am not sure I've saw that happen before without oil pouring out the pto shaft hole.

If you are using an extendable pto shaft, it may be a bit too long and is not able to compress with implement movement.

Looks like it was time for a fluid change as well, so that's a bonus. Sucks having to open a case just after a change and replacing the oil again.

Why would you feel you would have to change out new oil just because you wanted to open the top of the case? I am putting in new oil because it does need changing, but if it was new I would leave it in or save it if I did have to drain the bottom (for instance to find a broken circlip).

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #12  
Stuff always falls in and the case was not drained first.

I suppose it depends if you trust that nothing fell into the gear teeth and that the strainer will catch it. Splitting my tractor in 3 to replace an input shaft that was almost impossible to find because the previous owner did not tighten a nut enough makes me paranoid about any dirt/rocks/etc in that area. The Mitsubishi cases are made out of an alloy that is easy to damage according to the service manuals; the less they are opened, the better in my books.

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #13  
Looks good. Did you have to be a contortionist to get it back together?

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D
Looks good. Did you have to be a contortionist to get it back together?

Not really, I used 90 degree circlip pliers. Only went flying twice....

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #15  
Sometimes you just get lucky! I'm like you, you know its broke, so why not open up and take a look to see what imploded. Best use for camera on the phone is to take step by step photos of how it comes apart. Sure make going back together easier.

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #16  
Sometimes you just get lucky! I'm like you, you know its broke, so why not open up and take a look to see what imploded. Best use for camera on the phone is to take step by step photos of how it comes apart. Sure make going back together easier.
And a set of euro case splitting chisels is invaluable, I think the are called welding chisels here. About 1/8th of an inch thick.

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #17  
I have a MTE200D as well, Ive had it for 17 years and it has been a true workhorse! I have owned a number of grey market tractors but that's the one I kept for myself. I use the I&T manual for Mitsubishi MT180-300 models. There is enough crossover from those models to figure out 95% of issues Ive had. I also purchased a manual on Ebay for the CaseIH 254/255 models. Mitsubishi made those models for CIH and the MTE 2000D is identical to those two models except power steering was an option on the CIH's, the wheel sizes are different and the CIH's use the K3E engine and the 2000D uses the K3F ( VERY similar engines). The hard to find parts for the 2000D are usually available from CIH for the 254/255's.

/ help needed for pto- Mitzu MTE 2000D #18  
Yep, manuals----
Have a 180D and first thing I did was buy , shop, parts and operators manuals.
Paid off big time.
I was fortunate in that a rental shop buddy/dealer obtained them 4 me at cost.
All mine are Mitsubishi originals manuals.