Help...Not sure what year I was born.

/ Help...Not sure what year I was born. #1  

roysecityfd52

Tractor
MF135
I have an old MF 135, 3 cyl diesel. The data plate with the VIN is not where it should be. By the steering column. I am still trying to find out what year it is so I can find a wiring diagram for it. Can anyone help me out just by looking at the picture. untitled.jpg

Thanks for any help you might be able to give.

Joe

/ Help...Not sure what year I was born. #2  
This one is for a 135 diesel with a one wire alternator.
152na86.jpg

This one is for 135 diesel with a generator.
35n7vq8.jpg

/ Help...Not sure what year I was born.
IMG_20150827_160324245.jpg This is my alternator. I am not sure if you would consider this a 1 wire. There is only one wire that goes to the cover on the back but as you can see there is a red wire as well as one closest to me as I took the pic but the wire is broke off.

/ Help...Not sure what year I was born. #4  
Looks like your tractor was originally equipped with a generator buy looking at the upper bracket the alternator is bolted to. I've never seen a alternator that looks like that on a 135.

/ Help...Not sure what year I was born. #5  
That is a prestolite alternator and it might not even been around when your tractor was made.

Can either of you tell the year, or at least close to the year of the tractor. I was thinking 75 at first but after looking at a lot of pictures on line I am moving more towards mid to late 60's. Thoughts?

And thank you both for the information you have given so far.

Joe

/ Help...Not sure what year I was born. #7  
Mine is a 67 and has a alternator. Yours we need more pics on.

I am working on downloading some more pics. Anything in particular that you would like to see?