Help on new purchase

/ Help on new purchase #71  
Some people watch part of a show etc and
don't get the whole consept or picture but they
sure like to voice their opinion

willy

Last edited:
   / Help on new purchase #72  
I did ONE episode showing the results I had with Samaritan’s Ministries, a Christian health sharing service. This health sharing service has been great for us. They paid for my entire heart stent. The costs are quite low. Have never ‘promoted’ it…just shared my experience. Thought it might help folks. Without it, I could not have quit my day job (and corresponding benefits).

Be careful about throwing the baby out with the bath water. There was one similar company that defrauded its customers. With the transparency in Samaritan’s Ministries, I don’t see how that could happen with this company.

I bought a Kubota a year ago to have better understanding of another machine.

Not sure what I have done to make you dislike me so much, but that is fine.

Enjoy your day.
Don’t take it too personally, Tim. You’re a public figure now, so thick skin is part of that deal.

Frankly, I followed you for quite a while, and still do occasionally.. you lost me on the health care deal, though. Strikes me as being not very inclusive, and rather elitist, but that’s not something that can be discussed without violating the rules here.

I wish you well. You do sound sincere, if a little preachy, in my opinion, but whatever.... There are certainly worse channels out there, and I do admire your passion and persistence that allowed your apparent success.

/ Help on new purchase #73  
Since you haven’t received your tractor yet I will throw this out here. The difference in price between the 1025 and 2025 is only a few thousand but the difference in ability is significant. If you could swing it I would call my dealer and change the order to a 2025.

/ Help on new purchase #74  
I think you are too eager to dismiss him and you lose sight of the value of the content.
I will chime in to give my perspective of what I feel is going on here. Finn like many of our members here get frustrated with the apparent disregard for some of the other brands that are bringing a lot of value to the industry. Most first time buyers are not as familiar with those brands and those brands often suffer from a lack of dealers. There also seems to be almost a stigma attached to those brands as well. I was also part of the "heard" that didn't want to give them a shot because of what I heard from people like Tim and some others (it was not just Tim to be fair and honest) regarding resale value and parts support etc. It wasn't until I got my fill of big Green and big Orange that I decided based on a recommendation from Hay Dude that I should rethink my bias toward the Korean tractor brands.

After having gone and demoed a Kioti, I believe the level of refinement and engineering that they truly have has not ever been adequately communicated here. They are not just a "value brand" as so many perceive them to be. They are truly a quality product with their own distinct identify and personality. This is why the members that have them keep telling everyone to go try them.

Kubota and Deere are both very expensive and IMHO way overpriced right now. Both of those brands will also take you to the cleaners when it comes to parts and service. I am not suggesting South Korean tractors are the right fit for every buyer but I have learned from personal experience that Deere and Kubota are not the right fit for every buyer either. There are many important things to consider early on when shopping for a tractor so resale value and parts support should not enter the picture until much later on in the buying process.

Last edited:
   / Help on new purchase #75  
CVF,

I certainly get that about brand bias on this website. It does run pretty deep in a few members. I too get tired of the borderline trolls (and some outright trolls) disparaging equipment that they have no experience with. As a hint, look at what I have as a tractor. Some of these trolls on TBN go out of their way to come down to the brand specific forum(s) and spew trash about the brand with regularity. Again, with no first hand knowledge. I don't think Finn is one of those?

But I guess I don't get any of that "hostility" from TTWT's videos.

But it maybe that some personalities just "clash"? There is another well known U-toober that works with tractors that are "good" that absolutely rubs me the wrong way. Obviously he doesn't rub everyone that way, but to me he's shilling an info-mercial and he might as well be trying to sell dietary supplements. That or selling "unique" business ideas that are actually pyramid schemes but he spends the next hour trying to convince you that it's not actually a pyramid scheme, without actually telling you what the product is. I've tried to watch a few of his videos, and I just can't stand his presentation style, so I don't think I've sat through an entire one.

I guess what I'm getting at is not every personality type gets along with any other given personality type.

/ Help on new purchase #76  
Don’t take it too personally, Tim. You’re a public figure now, so thick skin is part of that deal.

Frankly, I followed you for quite a while, and still do occasionally.. you lost me on the health care deal, though. Strikes me as being not very inclusive, and rather elitist, but that’s not something that can be discussed without violating the rules here.

I wish you well. You do sound sincere, if a little preachy, in my opinion, but whatever.... There are certainly worse channels out there, and I do admire your passion and persistence that allowed your apparent success.
He didn't lose me with the health care issue. He shared his experience. It doesn't seem like he's pursued it any further. I didn't feel like he was trying to sell it to me and I'm still not involved in his healthcare option.

Good grief. Sounds like you really just have a bone to pick with religion.

/ Help on new purchase #77  
I will chime in to give my perspective of what I feel is going on here. Finn like many of our members here get frustrated with the apparent disregard for some of the other brands that are bringing a lot of value to the industry. Most first time buyers are not as familiar with those brands and those brands often suffer from a lack of dealers. There also seems to be almost a stigma attached to those brands as well. I was also part of the "heard" that didn't want to give them a shot because of what I heard from people like Tim and some others (it was not just Tim to be fair and honest) regarding resale value and parts support etc. It wasn't until I got my fill of big Green and big Orange that I decided based on a recommendation from Hay Dude that I should rethink my bias toward the Korean tractor brands.

After having gone and demoed a Kioti, I believe the level of refinement and engineering that they truly have has not ever been adequately communicated here. They are not just a "value brand" as so many perceive them to be. They are truly a quality product with their own distinct identify and personality. This is why the members that have them keep telling everyone to go try them.

Kubota and Deere are both very expensive and IMHO way overpriced right now. Both of those brands will also take you to the cleaners when it comes to parts and service. I am not suggesting South Korean tractors are the right fit for every buyer but I have learned from personal experience that Deere and Kubota are not the right fit for every buyer either. There are many important things to consider early on when shopping for a tractor so resale value and parts support should not enter the picture until much later on in the buying process.
Im not a big fan of JD at all and Kubota has been disappointing me as of late but in all fairness, I think every tractor company will take you to the cleaners on parts prices.

/ Help on new purchase #79  
But I guess I don't get any of that "hostility" from TTWT's videos.
Tim's a great guy and I am subscribed to his channel. I actually have a lot of respect for him and I don't think he is a paid shill. Yes he endorses products and maybe he gets a little kickback but he is offering a value to people that other You Tubers are not. Tim has never beat up on the other brands or been "hostile" but I also think he hasn't given them a serious chance either. However, in his defense it would be hard to go out and buy multiple brands to run on the show and have enough work for each of them to do. I think there is room for someone else to come along and start a channel doing what Tim does but with the other brands.

/ Help on new purchase #80  
CVF,

I certainly get that about brand bias on this website. It does run pretty deep in a few members. I too get tired of the borderline trolls (and some outright trolls) disparaging equipment that they have no experience with. As a hint, look at what I have as a tractor. Some of these trolls on TBN go out of their way to come down to the brand specific forum(s) and spew trash about the brand with regularity. Again, with no first hand knowledge. I don't think Finn is one of those?
I too at one time was one of those members that was down on those brands and came against them "with no first hand knowledge". I was echoing concerns that I had heard other people say about them instead of performing my own self evaluation. I also think I read too much into the negative reviews while not making an equal effort to read into the positive reviews. I finally started a thread addressing my concerns about Kioti's warranty here: Kioti Warranty Concerns I got some good responses from different members who helped me to see the other side of the negative reviews that I had been hearing out here for the last two years. However, I was equally attacked by some of the members here because I had the "nerve" to start a thread expressing my concerns and asking for honest feedback. So to be honest I have seen it run both ways on this forum. There are members on the other side that get very defensive the minute another member dares to question the "other" brand's quality or integrity.