Tractor Sizing Help Sizing/Upgrading John Deere Lawn Tractor

/ Help Sizing/Upgrading John Deere Lawn Tractor #21  
I vote for the x748 or 1026r for your situation. These are small enough to not look like Tim Taylor overkill but very powerful.

/ Help Sizing/Upgrading John Deere Lawn Tractor
Nice setup/pics revitupfaster....Thanks for the tip with the Ballast Box, I will definately check it out. Can't wait to get my 1023...should only be another week or so. I will post some pics hopefully sooner than later.

Spoke with Dealer today, waiting for one part for the quick hitch (should be in today), if they get the part today they will deliver tomorrow. I will post some pics soon.

/ Help Sizing/Upgrading John Deere Lawn Tractor #25  
tomd999 said:
Hiya,

Quick check of the classifieds section, there is this:

John deere 425 in Fenton, MI - TractorByNet.com

Already has the plow, mower deck and 3pt with PTO.

Looks in good shape and it's a fellow TBN'er selling.

Tom

Thanks for the mention of my ad.

I just saw this thread now. I am in the same boat as jdmark. My experience is that a tricked out garden tractor is sweet! Nimble, light weight, cheap, and keeps the neighbors from thinking you are crazy. However, with my severe slopes I was constantly wanting just a little more. My 425 has passed on to another, and my 1026r should be here next week.

Ok,
So I have the 1023e and all I can say is WOW! This thing is sweet! Now I know I am coming from an X320, so getting on the 1023e feels like getting on a small tank, which is great because in all reality it is not all that big. It feels like it has plenty of power and is very agile.

So here is my intial review after mowing the lawn once and owning it for a weekend. :)

Like I had mentioned, super awesome getting on it and riding it, smooth ride and very agile. Feels very stable, I safely mow only up and down the steeper slopes and it has plenty of power to go everywhere. The lawn was a little damp when I mowed and even with the R4 tires turning and rutting the lawn was not an issue, of course I had to be careful turning but the same was the case in damp conditions with the x320. I was able to mow along mulch beds, around trees, and around obsticles with ease.
I am overly impressed with how agile it is. The ride is overly impressive also, coming from an x320 I can't say enough about how nice it rides.

After mowing I removed the mower deck and installed the quick hitch and 54" blade for the winter. That was all pretty straight forward and relatively simple.

I added some pictures of it with the blade on the front. These were from my phone so the quality is not all that great, I have some others taken with a camera that look better. Eventually I will put a couple more on here.

Overall I am extremely impressed with the 1023e and I say bring on the snow!
If anyone has any questione please let me know and I will respond, otherwise I will follow up in the near future with another review and some more pics.

Attachments

• 2011-11-12_23-24-32_392.jpg
    2011-11-12_23-24-32_392.jpg
    735.6 KB · Views: 587
  • 2011-11-12_23-24-41_310.jpg
    2011-11-12_23-24-41_310.jpg
    681.7 KB · Views: 509
To XSKIER:
I think you will love the 1026r. I am pretty sure after having my 1023e out this weekend and mowing with it I am the crazy guy in the neighboor hood. Little overkill for a 1/2 acre, but my yard is very hilly and not much flat area to mow, so this thing works great. I can mow faster than the x320 did and have a wider deck so the lawn mowing takes less time. Also once I got into the same price range for an x748, it made sense to just go with a 1 series. I do plan on using it for snow removal and some landscaping duties as well so I am sure it will come in handy when needed. The nieghbors might think it is a little nuts, but once I mowed with it I was impressed how well it handled and how I could mow all the same ways/areas as I did with the x320. Also with the ROPS being able to fold down it will fit in any lower clearance areas.

Enjoy your 1026r.

Just wanted to post a better picture.....:)

Attachments

• image-1524184441.jpg
    image-1524184441.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,914
   / Help Sizing/Upgrading John Deere Lawn Tractor #29  
I purchased an X728SE last fall. Have a hilly & rough terrain acreage in N. Central Nebr. After many hours and many difficult situations I can tell you with some certainty that NO other machine can do what these machines can do. You will pay a lot for that capability, but the old addage holds true - "you get what you pay for."