Help specifying Hydraulic Top Link

/ Help specifying Hydraulic Top Link
As far as your hoses, I use their re-usable hose ends.
That makes making your hoses in your garage easy. You can make them the EXACT length you want plus have a JIC hose end on them. You could even alter the hose a little if it was too long or if say a 90 degree fitting was facing the wrong way. Cost for these re-usable hose ends plus cost of the hose was less than what you paid for your hoses. They hold up just the same and are reusable but offer so much more when you get to make up yourself.
For example, I paid $1.50 a foot for 2 wire 3/8" hose and between $10 and $18 for the ends. So a 4' long hose cost me $32 bucks and it is a perfect fit ... perfect ends facing the right way etc.
Here is a link to that: RE-USABLE HOSE ENDS

I hope some of that information helps...
Rob-

I like the idea of those reusable hose ends, are they suitable for the kinda of pressure our CUTs put out?
With those you could do fairly simple field repairs or weekend repairs :)

Never seen them for hydraulics before seen compression type connectors for air, water etc.

JB,

That looks great, i remember seeing that on another post and just found this thread.

I would like to put one on mine and wondering if i could on a 4300.

And i have a backhoe, would that be a problem mounting the valve.

Not sure about the 4300, on the 4310 the valve is already there, part of the loader valve, all's you buy is the lever and some hard lines which come with the remote rear quick connectors similar to the ones you disconnect for you loader.

You can read more here.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/hydraulics/131256-3rd-scv-install-questions.html

Yeah having the BH PBY lines make it a little harder, I had to remove one of mine to get the new lines under it.

/ Help specifying Hydraulic Top Link #42  
I like the idea of those reusable hose ends, are they suitable for the kinda of pressure our CUTs put out?
With those you could do fairly simple field repairs or weekend repairs :)

Never seen them for hydraulics before seen compression type connectors for air, water etc.

Yes, they are rated to be as safe as crimped on hose ends.
You can read more about them on the Discount Hydraulics website. Many guys use them for their projects. I am currently using them on a project for my wife's Jinma. Along with several mechanical and hydraulic modifications, there is some detailed information about the re-usable hose ends starting on reply #60.
Here is the link to that thread: New Mods to Loretta's 284 Jinma

/ Help specifying Hydraulic Top Link #43  
JB4310

I made a HTL for my 3320 using the surplus center hydraulic cylinder you are talking about. The fixed end of the cylinder interferred with the top link bracket mounted on the tractor. I fabricated a removable adapter to make the connection and everything worked out fine. The 1" pins are not a problem as you can use 3/4" - 1" bushings from TSC. I use it with a quick hitch and makes it a whole lot easier to hook up to my box blade and other attachments. I can not use the quick hitch with my plow but still can use the HTL. Four or five inches of movement in both directions should be adequate for most attachments.

/ Help specifying Hydraulic Top Link #45  
Any reason why this cylinder would not be good, it does have 10" of travel as opposed to 8".

Burden Sales Surplus Center Item Detail

Retracted would be 17.5 so extended would be 27.5, giving 6.5" travel inwards and only 3.5 outward?
does this sound a good fit for general use?

It's work fine, but probably doesn't have enough clearance from the swivel eye to the body of the cylinder. I bought this very cylinder to use as a top link on my Kubota B7100, and had to use the rod end on the tractor, and the body end on the implements (which have a wider mount for the link). Most of my implements only have 2" of clearance between the plates for the mount, which doesn't allow for any side movement, and will not be compatible with tilting of the implements (side tilt). I'm getting the CCM top link (and side link) that I should have to begin with.

/ Help specifying Hydraulic Top Link
Well got a chance to put the HTL to the test, using box-blade to dig out a site for a stone patio.

Works great with the box, being able to dig aggressively then level off quickly makes the box some much better/easier/more efficient/etc.

Now I'm thinking HSL,

Anyway the HTL is so handy as just a compliment to the quick hitches, makes it so easy to tilt forward and unlatch the locks from the seat without stretching or getting up. Makes swapping implements that much easier :)

Couple of pics with the rake also.

JB.

Attachments

• DSCN3859.JPG
    DSCN3859.JPG
    864.6 KB · Views: 158
  • DSCN3705.JPG
    DSCN3705.JPG
    964.9 KB · Views: 154
  • DSCN3694.JPG
    DSCN3694.JPG
    992.6 KB · Views: 159