Mowing Help with 3210 Bush Hog

/ Help with 3210 Bush Hog #11  
From your picture; on the right hand side is there a push button on the yoke at about 6 o'clock? Maybe that is pushed to release, and the shaft collapses to the left? Is the round part to the left something that holds a slip joint?

If you find a way to release the cross shaft from one of the gear boxes it might be easier to unbolt the box (if it will move enough to get the cross shaft off than pull the blade carrier.

/ Help with 3210 Bush Hog #12  
Here is the picture. There is one nut and bolt that seem to not do anything, I have taken it out, tried to push the bolt out and it refuses to budge.

I am assuming you have a center main gear box and two out board boxes. If so, is the other cross shaft different? If so, post a picture of that side. Maybe only one side is removable for timing the blades.

I think the round thing in you picture is a cushion for the cross shaft, not a slip joint.

/ Help with 3210 Bush Hog
I am assuming you have a center main gear box and two out board boxes. If so, is the other cross shaft different? If so, post a picture of that side. Maybe only one side is removable for timing the blades.

I think the round thing in you picture is a cushion for the cross shaft, not a slip joint.

There is no release pin, I wish there was... Here are some more pictures.

I looked up the operating manual and, I think, it says to remove the stump jumper and re-align it that way. My only problem is that it looks like it weighs around 200lbs with the blades on it. I can't exactly easily maneuver it around.

Last edited:
   / Help with 3210 Bush Hog #14  
There is no release pin, I wish there was... Here are some more pictures.

I looked up the operating manual and, I think, it says to remove the stump jumper and re-align it that way. My only problem is that it looks like it weighs around 200lbs with the blades on it. I can't exactly easily maneuver it around.

Take the blades off it first.

I just went out there with the biggest wrench I have (1 3/4") and it is way too small. I need something like 2" or 2 1/2". There has got to be an easier way to do this! :mad:

/ Help with 3210 Bush Hog #16  
I just went out there with the biggest wrench I have (1 3/4") and it is way too small. I need something like 2" or 2 1/2". There has got to be an easier way to do this! :mad:

There are two ways to get this done.
1. Procure the proper tools and have at it.
2. Get out your checkbook and pay someone else for their tools, time and talent.

You get to decide which is "easier". Some of this stuff is plain bullwork.

The blade bolt nuts are 1-11/16" and the downshaft nut is probably 1-13/16, but I'm not positive of that. BH uses several nuts and shafts in that location.

There are two ways to get this done.
1. Procure the proper tools and have at it.
2. Get out your checkbook and pay someone else for their tools, time and talent.

You get to decide which is "easier". Some of this stuff is plain bullwork.

The blade bolt nuts are 1-11/16" and the downshaft nut is probably 1-13/16, but I'm not positive of that. BH uses several nuts and shafts in that location.

I'll head into TSC tomorrow and get the correct wrench and support stands. I'll post up the size of the bolt when I measure it in case anyone needs it.

Picture of just how bad the timing is off:

Last edited:
   / Help with 3210 Bush Hog #19  
I'm wondering how this thing got out of time. Back to your first photo; you should check the shock limiting device on the RH side of that short driveline. Did the input splined coupler slip within the outer sleeve of the central yoke weldment??

You don't say whether this machine is new to you, or if you have been using it for a period of time and all of a sudden it is out of time. Which is it?

I'm wondering how this thing got out of time. Back to your first photo; you should check the shock limiting device on the RH side of that short driveline. Did the input splined coupler slip within the outer sleeve of the central yoke weldment??

You don't say whether this machine is new to you, or if you have been using it for a period of time and all of a sudden it is out of time. Which is it?

I will answer your first question when I go out and check.

I have had this shredder for about 6-7years. Bought it brand new and it has never had this problem before. I keep the fluid levels up, grease the joints, the works.