Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio.

/ Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio. #21  
Maybe I missed it....maybe not.

But no way are you gonna fit a MX with loader and hog on a 20' trailer.

As to weight.....you are about 7500# if you don't have a cab or loaded tires.

I haul a MX with a woods Ds96. I don't know it's overall length, but since is basically a pair of 5' cutters side by side and overlapped, I'd guess yours is longer.

I tow mine on a 25' trailer. And only have 1' to spare.

So if you want 5' of the tractor hanging off the back....with poor weight distribution, and forget fold up ramps.....then by all means get the 20' trailer.

And given the weight, you'd be right at the limits of a 10k trailer.

And 10k towing is the top end of late model half tons. So if you have something 10, 15, or 20 years old and half tone....forget it IMO

/ Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio.
Maybe I missed it....maybe not.

But no way are you gonna fit a MX with loader and hog on a 20' trailer.

As to weight.....you are about 7500# if you don't have a cab or loaded tires.

I haul a MX with a woods Ds96. I don't know it's overall length, but since is basically a pair of 5' cutters side by side and overlapped, I'd guess yours is longer.

I tow mine on a 25' trailer. And only have 1' to spare.

So if you want 5' of the tractor hanging off the back....with poor weight distribution, and forget fold up ramps.....then by all means get the 20' trailer.

And given the weight, you'd be right at the limits of a 10k trailer.

And 10k towing is the top end of late model half tons. So if you have something 10, 15, or 20 years old and half tone....forget it IMO

I threw the 20 footer out there just because I'm used to car trailers. No cab on the MX, but 660lbs in rear wheel weights. I would like the deckover option, I burn wood pellets and it'd be nice to side load two, 1 ton pallets at a time.

I'm not sure when I would really need to move the MX. Right now I haven't had a need to move my previous tractor of my property - unless I needed to get it to the dealer, and then I pay them to pick it up and drop it off.

I figured if I were going to potentially bite the bullet on a trailer, size it for the tractor. Looks like I could be short on the truck end. I'll be picking up a new truck next year - considering a 3/4T but it's a hard sell since the 1/2T does most of what I need on a daily basis.

/ Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio. #23  
I do not know enough of your tractor weights, etc, but the place I bought my trailer from is located east of St. Johns, MI. BNM Trailer Sales | Home They made me a combination of their utility trailer with sides and their lawn trailers. It has 2 - 5200 lb axles with brakes, split spring assisted loading gate, and heavyjack leg.
P_20180209_161203.jpg
P_20180209_161222.jpg
The tractor is a B26TLB. It fills my 16ft trailer. I think it is about 80" wide. This trailer fits my needs. I bought it for my BX2230, then decided a backhoe would help in the new home build on 80 acres. If I was going to buy a trailer now, it would be 18ft. But the 16ft works and balances out pretty good.

I am not suggesting you buy this trailer, but I am suggesting you talk to Bill at BNM Trailer Sales. He will build what you need. Mine was purchased last summer for about $5600. I had a similar looking trailer from Sure-Trac, but after two winters it's powder coat looked like crap. Also my tail lights are in the upright tube supporting the gate locks. They are out of the wheel slop. One thing I didn't ask for was back up lights. In the winter, after hauling my BX around snow blowing, the back up lights on the trailer would be very nice. Good luck with your trailer shopping. Listen to others on TBN, but decide what you need and want. Jon

/ Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio. #24  
I'll be picking up a new truck next year - considering a 3/4T but it's a hard sell since the 1/2T does most of what I need on a daily basis.

A small pickup (Ranger or Tacoma) would get me by on a daily basis but it is really nice to have a 3/4 Ton when it comes to move my tractor. IMO if you can’t haul it on a 7k trailer you need a bigger than a 1/2 ton truck. It’s kinda crazy how all the manufactures have gotten into the max towing capacity completion from half tons all the way up to the 1 ton dually. If I’m towing 30k lbs I want a semi.

/ Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio. #25  
City of Toledo has a large government auction Saturday March 10th. Friday preview. No internet you have to be there to bid. Cuts down on the completion. If you need a truck they have them also. Half tons do not get it done. Have 4 Kubota tractors-1B--3MX. It has been several years since the last one. If you do not know what you need do not go, as it not a good place for learning. Everything has a 50/50 warranty - if it breaks in two you own both halves. No Cost to go and a great deal to look over

/ Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio. #26  
Regarding weight

Bare tractor ~3800#
Loader WITH bucket ~1700#
1300# cutter
660# wheel weights

= 7460#.....

As to length.....as I said....I have a woods ds96.....dont know what its overall length is so dont know how it compares to a 6' cutter in terms of length......cannot find specs anywhere....but I would guess the 6' cutter is going to be LONGER yet.

Here is how mine fits on a 25' GN

mx5100 length.jpg

/ Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio. #27  
I threw the 20 footer out there just because I'm used to car trailers. No cab on the MX, but 660lbs in rear wheel weights. I would like the deckover option, I burn wood pellets and it'd be nice to side load two, 1 ton pallets at a time.

I'm not sure when I would really need to move the MX. Right now I haven't had a need to move my previous tractor of my property - unless I needed to get it to the dealer, and then I pay them to pick it up and drop it off.

I figured if I were going to potentially bite the bullet on a trailer, size it for the tractor. Looks like I could be short on the truck end. I'll be picking up a new truck next year - considering a 3/4T but it's a hard sell since the 1/2T does most of what I need on a daily basis.

If you added a goose-neck hookup in the bed of your truck and then place the FEL bucket on top of the trailers hitch a 20 footer would work with a small overhang with a brushcutter.
probably be over on the tongue weight though, with your present 1/2 ton.
Maybe look into a gooseneck trailer when checking into a new truck- if you really want to stick to a 20 foot trailer .

i haul my 55hp tractor with a brush cutter and it fits with just a small overhang on my 20 footer.

Attachments

• Ray's new Find June 13 2013 003.jpg
    Ray's new Find June 13 2013 003.jpg
    947.4 KB · Views: 276
   / Help with picking trailer size and brand? Located in Ohio. #28  
I have a slightly smaller (although not much less weight) TC33DA. You an see it here on my 10K 20' flat equipment trailer.

DSC04366%20%28Large%29.jpg

you'll note how far back I have it setting (the box blade is basicly even with the rear edge) I have to load it there when i have the additional weight at the front to get a proper tongue weight.

I also run a WD hitch on my equipment trailer behind my E350.

DSC04736%20%28Medium%29.jpg