Helpful neighbor!

/ Helpful neighbor! #11  
Wow.

How about you visit the county police and educated them on the court ruling, give them a plat, and give them your opinion on the matter, legal and personal? Maybe offer to brief them at a lunch your hosting (if allowed), just so they are aware of the matter.

/ Helpful neighbor! #12  
man what a whack job this one is :shocked:
good luck
hopefully she spends some jail time and has to pay for the replacement

have some estimates on what it will cost to have things fixed

/ Helpful neighbor! #13  
Next time, electrify the fence and see how she likes it!

/ Helpful neighbor! #14  
I live in a no fault state, she owes me $200.00 for expenses, and $200.00 for legal fees. 12% interest until I get my money, which she'll never pay.
Hopefully she will be liable for the damage she caused to your fence...

Aaron Z

/ Helpful neighbor! #15  
Sounds like she's never going to accept the fact that you rightfully own it, not her. Probably going to take some serious punishment to make her back off from doing stuff like this.

Can you let us in on any of the history of why she is so rabid in her thinking and actions? Just curious...

/ Helpful neighbor! #17  
$30K so far and she is still going at it....

In case you have not read or heard of MDBarbs' Legal Odyssey, I would suggest reading at last the start and end of the thread, http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/rural-living/14251-help-i-need-legal-advice.html.

I would hate for this thread to turn into MDBarb II, though with $30,000 already spent, it sounds like this situation could go that far.

Did the officer write up a report? If so, get a copy. In NC, if the land was posted a trespass could be charged and given what she did to a fence I still think it could be charged without signs. The great offense would be destruction of property since I suspect the cost of the damage would be a felony. Just make sure that the fence was absolutely positively on your land. Which she seems to have admitted. Check out your local criminal law and see if you can get the sheriff or DA to charge her for the damage to property.

Can you put a lien on her property for the money she owes?

Good Luck!
Dan

/ Helpful neighbor! #18  
Gotta love your neighbor !!! What a mess !!!! I wish you the best.

Me I've byuing all the land I an afford around the house. Only 2 lot left that I most likely won't be able to put my hands on. One is my brother 400 feet north east of the house ( nothing build yet) and there another guy is 300 feet north west ( building next year supposly) and he's got right of my on the first 100 feet of my 400 driveway. But i know them a bit and they seema like good people ( they originally had a full right of way on mu drive way and they agree to gave up the 400 feet they will never use as it is not touching there land) So this is a good start as a good neigbor anyway.

I think I am in good shape

/ Helpful neighbor!
I'm out of town right now, these pictures were e-mailed to me by my youngest daughter who lives on 2 1/2-acres behind me that I sold her a few years ago. The lawyer I had at the time of this adverse possession lawsuit was just last year appointed to superior court judge. Just before reading this thread I was reading an e-mail that his law clerk had sent with the courts decision against my neighbor.

When we bought this property, I also bought 3-goats to clear it. We used 16-feet long fence panels to corral these goats in roughly 100-feet by 100-feet area. One day the wife and I had just moved 3-sides of this fence so the goats could eat down another area. The neighbor marched 250-feet north of her property line, demanded I remove the fence, and if I had cut any trees on the property she was going to sue me. I hired a surveyor, and she hired a surveyor. Her surveyor arrived about 3-days before mine. Her surveyor only laid out two corners, 660-feet apart. My surveyor agreed with her corner stakes, but staked the 660-feet line roughly every 150-feet. Two days later my fencing contractor installed 630-feet of barbwire fence 1-foot on my property. East end of the property has a 30-feet wide easement, reason for only 630-feet of fence. Few months later she called the police on me, said three separate times I came down in the middle of the night and moved the fence closer to her house. She even paid her surveyors $1,600.00 to come back out and re-shoot the line. I have a copy of their report to her, nothing had been moved! During our court case the most senior judge in the county came out and walked both pieces of property so he would know exactly what he was looking at. She has been an absolute nightmare every since:thumbdown:! But I think this is going to cost her.:licking: The cop told my wife this is malicious mischief.

RCW 9A.48.080: Malicious mischief in the second degree.

/ Helpful neighbor! #20  
Pure greed. They didn't pay for the property. They don't pay taxes on it. I'd put the barbed wire fence back up and keep an eye out for the witch. Next time she comes with the clippers, knock her down, tie her up with some zip ties, and call the police saying you had to subdue her because she threatened you on your property with the clippers in her hand. (Isn't Castle Doctrine wonderful?)