Her first project

/ Her first project #11  
How pissed was she when she woke the next day with sun burnt arms? Better get her long sleeves! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif .. Scozz

/ Her first project #12  
Eddie; have you given her any 7024 rod to try yet? I used some on a horizontal lap weld last night at class .2nd try and I had the best weld I've done so far. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Her first project #13  
I'll 2nd the motion for long sleevs and a welding table!

/ Her first project
I gotta be honest with you guys. I took welding class in high school, and I've been winging it ever since. My welding rod is what I come across here and there, along with some freebies I've been given.

I don't know my rod numbers, sizes or types. When you say 7024, you're speaking a foreign language. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I grab a piece of metal, look at how thick it is to choose a rod and adjust the amount of power it takes to flow without melting through.

/ Her first project #15  
Eddie; 70 means 70000# tensile strenghth, the 2 means horizontal welding position, and the 4 relates to the type of flux, low hydrogen in this case I believe. Just learning welding myself. The more I talk with the welders I know, I'm finding I'm learning more scientific stuff than I need. I still find it interesting tho. The 7024 rod almost welds for you, but the penetration isn't as good as some other rod. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Her first project
She was back at it yesterday. She's been talking about her project all week and couldn't wait for the weekend!

The scraps she's using are all 1 1/2 inches wide and 5 1/2 inches long. To build the bottom, she needed four pieces.

This was my idea, since it gives her more practice welding.

Attachments

• 584649-Street Light 017.jpg
    584649-Street Light 017.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 750
   / Her first project
The more hours of experience she gets in, the better she becomes. I check on her on occasion, and it's amazing the speed she's picking it up.

All of a sudden, she said she got it. It all came together and what I'd been explaining to her made sence.

You can tell by these latest welds thats she's telling the truth.

Attachments

• 584650-Street Light 014.jpg
    584650-Street Light 014.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 728
   / Her first project
Here's an action welding shot.

Attachments

• 584653-Street Light 016.jpg
    584653-Street Light 016.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 741
   / Her first project #19  
Wow! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif