Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply!

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #11  
Gotrocks,

I believe that all of the tire sealants are water-soluble. That would make them unsuitable for filled tires, unfortunately. I know this is the case for Amerseal/Masterseal, but it might be different for the Slime and Berryman products.

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #12  
I have Titan Trac Loader tires on my TC25D, 6 ply front and rear.

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #13  
My L3710 has 6 ply front and rear.

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #14  
My 2710 has 4ply on the front and the rear.

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply!
I had my 4 ply R4 fronts foam filled...dropped them off yesterday and picked them up this morning. One flat from broken glass was all that I needed. Cost was about $72 per tire...with the sales tax...

They are 70 lbs each heavier now...but no more worries of flats. Seems like every one here where I live, in the old days must have had a place to throw away their old glass trash, back before the days of garbage collection. Neighbor told me he use to plow the garbage under...but that the old cans and bottles went into a pile down back, and that now he lives with broken glass too....

Bill in Pgh, PA...at least by zip code...

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #16  
How old is the property ? If the house is over a 100 years old that old "glass" may be worth a bit of money to collector of old bottles and such , even some of the newer stuff can bring a good price , may be a silver lining to this hopefully
Good Luck
Bill G.

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply!
My dad's property has a river bordering it, and when it gets very low in the summer you find old bottles in the mud. I found several when I was a kid. You can tell an old one if it has no lip on it for a bottle cap. They used cork stoppers. I also found some steel beer cans with a punch type top. Anyone remember drinking beer that had to be opened with a church key? That was before my time. All I can remember is the kind where you pulled the tab off and threw it away.

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #18  
Yep I remember using a church key for both the steel cans and non-twist off bottles. I can remember that people used to punch a hole on one end, put to their mouth and suck real hard, then punch a hole on the other end. The drink would then shoot down the throat in one swallow.

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #19  
<font color=blue>The drink would then shoot down the throat in one swallow.[/quote]

Yep.....use to "shotgun" beers like that.

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #20  
Rites of passage....get that drivers license so you could drive down to Red's on the county line. Red would sell warm six packs of PBR out the back window to anybody with the money. It was real hard to get the beer smell out of the family car after a few of those warm cans spewed when the church key went in. I bet Red had a deal with the sheriff so he could only sell warm beer to minors.

Chuck