Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply!

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #21  
Bet the guy selling ice made a killing./w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #22  
I still have my church key on my key ring -- it's a foldable made for key rings - what the heck am I ever gonna do with it?? -- course my "john wayne" can opener is on there too - along with an old dog tag/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif(for old dogs)
mike

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #23  
If it will make you feel any better, I just got a flat on my front R4-6ply (4310) with a 'little' piece of glass. I will only be in that area once and a blue moon, so not a huge deal to me. But all the glass around really cut up the fronts alot, but the rears showed no cuts at all??

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply!
The guy where I got my fronts foam filed said that the fronts, because they also are used for steering, tend to grind the glass into themselves. The back don't seem to do it.

Also thinking about it, I would guess that the fronts have a greater PSI between the tire and the ground, given that they are so much smaller than the rears. This must also help drive anything that is there waiting to do damage up into the rubber.

But now that my fronts are foam filled...well...that certainly gives me some peace of mind. I now still stop and pick out the most dangerous looking pieces of broken bottles though. I REALLY do not want to deal with a puncture in my loaded rear tires!

Bill

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #25  
I still wear my boot issue tags with john wayne. Kinda' feel they're a good luck charm =)

/ Hey! My R4s are only 4 ply! #26  
Wow... I have a 4310 with the oversized R4 option (Titan) and they are 4 ply front and rear... go figure!