high output Alternator

/ high output Alternator #1  

Drtumolo

Silver Member
Tractor
John Deere 2305
I have a JD2305 and would like more charging capacity. Has anyone found an aftermarket alternator that provides higher output that will work? I am trying to avoid the JD kit for $600.

/ high output Alternator
I found a post on another forum where a guy replaced his John Deere alternator with one made by Hitachi but the post didnt list a model number. I am currently at work and cant get measurements but if anyone has the bolt hole to bolt hole dimension on the OEM John deere alternator it would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

/ high output Alternator #3  
My Ran Power Wagon has 400 amp charging. Two 200 amp alternators. I guess it's some kind of advantage over one 400 amp.

/ high output Alternator #4  
I have sent automotive alternators to hi-performance rebuilders to get a higher amperage setup in the same package. I think they are popular with the car audio crowd. No difference in a tractor alternator versus an automotive one to my knowledge.

A quick Google search yields lots of rebuilders

/ high output Alternator #5  
   / high output Alternator
You are correct that there isnt much room but I really need higher output from the alternator

/ high output Alternator #7  
My dads x749 has the upgrade alternator in it while my wife's x744 has the standard one.

/ high output Alternator
I am leaning towards trying a Hitachi LR150-703 that was used on an Isuzu Trooper in 1986-87. This alternator has 50 amp output, internal regulator and the physical size looks like it should fit.

/ high output Alternator #9  
You are correct that there isnt much room but I really need higher output from the alternator
Curious what more alternator will do for you. Hope you take us along on the addition of the Hitachi.

/ high output Alternator
My little 2305 has a cab, extra lights and a heater blower motor. The stock alternator isnt up to the task of suppling enough current for everything. JD has a high output "kit" but it is almost $600. If the hitachi alternator works out I will be set up for less then $100 and will have 50 amps at my disposal.