Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit
Re: Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How\'d Udoit

OH! It just seems nice that his pictures are big and clear and that you don't have to click on the attachment to view the picture but I see what you mean if in 6 months I cleaned out my web page and somebody was trying to look at something we were talking about it would no longer exist. Bummer
Steve

OH! It just seems nice that his pictures are big and clear and that you don't have to click on the attachment to view the picture but I see what you mean if in 6 months I cleaned out my web page and somebody was trying to look at something we were talking about it would no longer exist. Bummer
Steve

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #53  

Steve, that's the same problem I would have if I stopped using the webshots thing for my signature link to pics. I started that before the photo gallery was here. I think you can do something similar if you use the gallery, but I'm not sure.

Another way to do multiple pics is to use a photo editing program, make a large sized canvas setting in "IMAGE/SIZE" and import several photos into it. You could then post it the regular way, and when it comes up, people could see several pics on your one.

You don't have to compromise size a lot with the attachment feature if you just lower the quality (dots per inch) of the picture, but leave it's resolution (size) alone.

PM me if you want more info on it, and a link to a great free program.
John

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #54  

Steve, that's the same problem I would have if I stopped using the webshots thing for my signature link to pics. I started that before the photo gallery was here. I think you can do something similar if you use the gallery, but I'm not sure.

Another way to do multiple pics is to use a photo editing program, make a large sized canvas setting in "IMAGE/SIZE" and import several photos into it. You could then post it the regular way, and when it comes up, people could see several pics on your one.

You don't have to compromise size a lot with the attachment feature if you just lower the quality (dots per inch) of the picture, but leave it's resolution (size) alone.

PM me if you want more info on it, and a link to a great free program.
John

Thanks John, I've got Microsoft Digital Imaging 10 and it'll give me a reason to learn it finally instead of just pushing buttons and seeing what comes out. It will allow a collage of up to 12 photos I think and surely allow me to adjust the size down to 100K.
Steve

Thanks John, I've got Microsoft Digital Imaging 10 and it'll give me a reason to learn it finally instead of just pushing buttons and seeing what comes out. It will allow a collage of up to 12 photos I think and surely allow me to adjust the size down to 100K.
Steve

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #57  

Steve,

KiotiJohn was pretty correct. I use PHOTOBUCKET to store pictures online. Then, I cut and past the address of the picture into the post that I am writting. KJ pointed out that the pictures will eventually go "poof", but as long as they are willing to keep the pictures it is a pretty good way to go. I size the pictures to 640x480 and gif compresses them down to 25-35k, so they come up pretty fast with my slooooow dial-up.

Now the bad news. that tractor blew out the transmission today while clearing out that spoils pile. I had just rebuilt it and put in a new aftermarket countershaft (the part that lost 2-3 teeth). I'm just sick! This has been a long, sad and disapointing day. That tractor took me 18 months of work to get from a basket case to what you saw in the pictures. BUMMER. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh well, At least I won't have to heat the shop or wear bulky insulated coveralls...

jb

barewheel.jpg

SIdeview.jpg

paintedpartsb.jpg

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #58  

Steve,

KiotiJohn was pretty correct. I use PHOTOBUCKET to store pictures online. Then, I cut and past the address of the picture into the post that I am writting. KJ pointed out that the pictures will eventually go "poof", but as long as they are willing to keep the pictures it is a pretty good way to go. I size the pictures to 640x480 and gif compresses them down to 25-35k, so they come up pretty fast with my slooooow dial-up.

Now the bad news. that tractor blew out the transmission today while clearing out that spoils pile. I had just rebuilt it and put in a new aftermarket countershaft (the part that lost 2-3 teeth). I'm just sick! This has been a long, sad and disapointing day. That tractor took me 18 months of work to get from a basket case to what you saw in the pictures. BUMMER. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh well, At least I won't have to heat the shop or wear bulky insulated coveralls...

jb

barewheel.jpg

SIdeview.jpg

paintedpartsb.jpg

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #59  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now the bad news. that tractor blew out the transmission today while clearing out that spoils pile. )</font>
I really feel bad for you. I almost felt the disappointment just from reading your post. I had been admiring the tractor in your photos, and the project progress you've made so far.

I hope you won't be without it for very long. It'll be interesting to know if it was the same problem, in which case, I suppose you'll need to figure out how that could happen again. Good luck.
John

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #60  

</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Now the bad news. that tractor blew out the transmission today while clearing out that spoils pile. )</font>
I really feel bad for you. I almost felt the disappointment just from reading your post. I had been admiring the tractor in your photos, and the project progress you've made so far.

I hope you won't be without it for very long. It'll be interesting to know if it was the same problem, in which case, I suppose you'll need to figure out how that could happen again. Good luck.
John