Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #41  
Re: Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How\'d Udoit

Steve,

I also took some pics of the latest project. It is using both the kubota with the box as well as an old Ford with a backhoe.

If you look at the front of the tractor, there is a "road" down the hill side. I had dug the hill out and there was a 3 1/2 foot ledge. I scooped out a step and then went up with the Kub and box then went down - 2 times in each direction for the width. The soil there is sod/sand/gravel in layers. You can see the nice job the gannon did.

Roaddown.jpg

In this pic, you can see the work area leading to where I am dumping spoils from the hill and the hole. I fill the bucket, back up and drag out the box. The box is set up low on the left, to flatten out the hill side so the hoe isn't pulled into the hole! It works pretty good, on average when spreading the spoils, the roadbed in the drag area will be lowered about 1'.

Workarea.jpg

Last one is just a pic of the Ford doing it's thing. The area where it is sitting was full of dirt from the hole from the shown pile 20-30' past the front of the tractor. The Kubota and box do a nice job moving it.

Ok, the last last pic! Shows the bottom of the hole and the side wall. THat side is full of gravel on top, shale in the middle and sandstone on the bottom.

digs.jpg

jb

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #42  

Steve,

I also took some pics of the latest project. It is using both the kubota with the box as well as an old Ford with a backhoe.

If you look at the front of the tractor, there is a "road" down the hill side. I had dug the hill out and there was a 3 1/2 foot ledge. I scooped out a step and then went up with the Kub and box then went down - 2 times in each direction for the width. The soil there is sod/sand/gravel in layers. You can see the nice job the gannon did.

Roaddown.jpg

In this pic, you can see the work area leading to where I am dumping spoils from the hill and the hole. I fill the bucket, back up and drag out the box. The box is set up low on the left, to flatten out the hill side so the hoe isn't pulled into the hole! It works pretty good, on average when spreading the spoils, the roadbed in the drag area will be lowered about 1'.

Workarea.jpg

Last one is just a pic of the Ford doing it's thing. The area where it is sitting was full of dirt from the hole from the shown pile 20-30' past the front of the tractor. The Kubota and box do a nice job moving it.

Ok, the last last pic! Shows the bottom of the hole and the side wall. THat side is full of gravel on top, shale in the middle and sandstone on the bottom.

digs.jpg

jb

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit

John_Bud, WOW! that is some nice work you got going on there I wish my soil was like yours. Around here I'll be dragging the box down the road and it sounds like ****'s coming for me with all the limestone that I have to work with. Thanks for the pictures when it gets light I'm planning on figuring a way to rig my box like yours. Your right I should have went industrial they are a lot beefier, seems like every time my scarifiers hit the ground it rips a point off. I hadn't figured out that I could just turn them over and not use them at all until last week so I've gone thru points like crazy. When only one point hits a good sized rock or root with a 90hp tractor doing the pulling them little points just fold up.
Thanks for the pictures! How do you get the pictures in your post without having to make them like attachments and use multiple pictures as well?
Steve

John_Bud, WOW! that is some nice work you got going on there I wish my soil was like yours. Around here I'll be dragging the box down the road and it sounds like ****'s coming for me with all the limestone that I have to work with. Thanks for the pictures when it gets light I'm planning on figuring a way to rig my box like yours. Your right I should have went industrial they are a lot beefier, seems like every time my scarifiers hit the ground it rips a point off. I hadn't figured out that I could just turn them over and not use them at all until last week so I've gone thru points like crazy. When only one point hits a good sized rock or root with a 90hp tractor doing the pulling them little points just fold up.
Thanks for the pictures! How do you get the pictures in your post without having to make them like attachments and use multiple pictures as well?
Steve

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #45  

Steve, right click on one of the pics and you'll see where John_Bud has stored the images for posting on here. Use the Image on instant markup to post.
John

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #46  

Steve, right click on one of the pics and you'll see where John_Bud has stored the images for posting on here. Use the Image on instant markup to post.
John

KiotiJohn, Thanks not sure I understand it but I'll sure experiment and ask questions it'd beat replying over and over to myself. Do you just type whatever it is your trying to post and then when you get to where a picture is needed hit image in instant markup, when I did that it comes up with a window that wants an http:// address and then I do ?
Thanks Steve

KiotiJohn, Thanks not sure I understand it but I'll sure experiment and ask questions it'd beat replying over and over to myself. Do you just type whatever it is your trying to post and then when you get to where a picture is needed hit image in instant markup, when I did that it comes up with a window that wants an http:// address and then I do ?
Thanks Steve

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #49  

Actually, I never do it this way because if anything happens and I don't maintain the site where the pics go, they wil disappear from the post, and TBN members will not longer be able to access them.

I think what John-Bud does is to make a page on the other site, then put in the URL from instant markup.

You would lay out the pics and text on a webpage, then type your message in here, choose URL and enter the URL where the page is located. This is remote viewing.
Example. You go to your own homepage, or some page where you can post pictures and text. You make a page by adding in a few pictures with text underneath such as JB has done. Then when you have it ready, you copy the address and paste it in the URL function under Instant Markup here.

Maybe John-Bud can explain it a little more simply than I'm doing now. I'm pretty tired and am not thinking clearly right now, and I've got to go do some hogging today! ouch
John

/ Hinged Box Blade to pin or not to pin? How'd Udoit #50  

Actually, I never do it this way because if anything happens and I don't maintain the site where the pics go, they wil disappear from the post, and TBN members will not longer be able to access them.

I think what John-Bud does is to make a page on the other site, then put in the URL from instant markup.

You would lay out the pics and text on a webpage, then type your message in here, choose URL and enter the URL where the page is located. This is remote viewing.
Example. You go to your own homepage, or some page where you can post pictures and text. You make a page by adding in a few pictures with text underneath such as JB has done. Then when you have it ready, you copy the address and paste it in the URL function under Instant Markup here.

Maybe John-Bud can explain it a little more simply than I'm doing now. I'm pretty tired and am not thinking clearly right now, and I've got to go do some hogging today! ouch
John