Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!!

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!! #21  
Farmwithjunk said:
So... what brand of MOWER were you on? (Deere?)
he said (I'm mowing on a Grasshopper ZTR) in his first post.
````````````
PS
It takes more than a Grasshopper to defeat a Deere.

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!! #23  
I probably should have convinced the deere to mow my yard this morning...the lightning scared it away this afternoon...

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!! #24  
Dargo,

How are you doing today?
Are you having any flashbacks, perhaps to a previous life, where you could have been known as................'Running Deer'? :eek:

Don

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!! #25  
That was a pretty funny story Dargo. Hope your alright.

Will you contact the insurance company for damages to the ZTR? It should be covered under comprehensive under your HO policy?

Good thing you didn't run it over. Mowers don't field dress to well.

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!! #26  
Dargo said:
I just got out of the shower. I'm pretty sure the darn thing tinkled on me when it hit me!

Boy I could have fun with this line if this weren't a "family friendly" forum!

Glad your OK Dargo. Next time take your Deere out there and you'll fare better with any encounters! ;)

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!! #27  
Well, let's just say it probably wasn't "tinkle"....

DNR and DOT folks who have to pick up road-kill female deer often report being, er, romanced by bucks who smell the doe as they're loading her into into their vehicle. Maybe your ZTR somehow got some, er, girl scent on it?

EEEEEEK, you have crown vetch!

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!! #28  
Always amazes me why an animal will run TOWARD the thread.. and not away.

I've had snakes do that to me in an animal pen ( chicken ).. they will charge you and force you to kill them or hurt yourself staying away from them.. etc.

squirrels like to see if they can 'beat the tire' too..

soundguy

Dargo said:
What the heck?! I'm mowing a back portion of my property that has been too wet to mow for about a month or so on a Grasshopper ZTR and a darn deer jumps up all the sudden and belts me a good one! It knocked me clean off the mower and bent one of my steering handles. I suppose it's a good thing I didn't have my seatbelt on (since I was just slowly mowing a flat area) or I would have really taken a whipping.

I guess it was laying down in the tall grass and planning on just hiding there and I finally got too close. Either way, it was not anything I expected while just minding my own business mowing the back part of my property! Anybody else have this happen? Dang if I'm not a bit sore and he broke a perfectly good set of headphones to boot.

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!!
Soundguy said:
squirrels like to see if they can 'beat the tire' too..

soundguy

You got me laughing with that one! Around here we have possums (or is 'opossum'?) that seem to do the same thing. Back in early high school I used to trap some to subsidize my paper route income and we'd always get possum when trying for raccoon or fox. The darn pelt from a possum wouldn't even bring 50 cents back then, but we'd go ahead and take some. Anyway, you could absolutely beat a possum on the head with a bat until your arms were worn out and it would just get up and walk off. But, show them a car tire and they're dead as a door knob. But, alas, I never seemed to bring myself to carrying a car tire out in the woods with me when trapping...

/ Holy mackerel, I got hit by a deer mowing my lawn!! #30  
Dargo said:
You got me laughing with that one! (edited part) But, show them a car tire and they're dead as a door knob. But, alas, I never seemed to bring myself to carrying a car tire out in the woods with me when trapping...

LMAO....

Reminds me of the guy carrying the car door through the desert, when he got hot he would roll down the window and stick his head out. :rolleyes:

Glad you are OK Dargo, that was one of those things that could have went bad as easy as it went into a great story.