Home Built Skid Loader

/ Home Built Skid Loader #11  
Chrisk

TOP STUFF

You clearly are exceptional. What sort of work do you do? because i know what you should be doing. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Home Built Skid Loader #12  
Holy mokes, what a great job on that unit. Tell us more. You won't bore us to death. Drive motors, axles and such???? I love it.

/ Home Built Skid Loader #13  
No kidding!

Please post detail pics of this great projects. You certainly won't bore anyone who has seen this thread.

Also, please fill out your profile. I can only hope that you might be a neighbor of mine so I can borrow, I mean "field test" your bobcat!

You did a great job.

Ron

/ Home Built Skid Loader #14  
That is the coolest homemade "anything" I have seen. You truly are talented. You must have some access to some nice equipment to build something like this as well.

Your on TBN so you can't give too much information........keep it coming and the members here will eat it up. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Home Built Skid Loader
Hello again, I will post more details over the next few days. I will also post some more pics. I have a really great project, a linear cutter that I used to cut the plate steel. Cuts perfectly straight lines. will post more quickly

chrisk

/ Home Built Skid Loader #16  
Oh, great! Now you tell us that you have a full blown fab AND weldshop at your disposal! /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And we're competing with you using big hammers and a stick welder.

Keep em comin'! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ron

/ Home Built Skid Loader
hehe no fab shop, just some home projects. Here is a pic of the linear cutter. It is 5" channel, 2 pillow block bearings, 1 peice of 3/4 threaded rod and some skateboard wheels. you can see for yourself, attach a cutting torch and turn the crank.

Chrisk

Attachments

• 444548-IM000327.jpg
    444548-IM000327.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 5,326
   / Home Built Skid Loader #18  
ChrisK,

Look forward to hearing/seeing more!

Great project. Also hope to reports of actual operation of your baby...that is really something!

like the cutter too! I still need to get a torch myself... /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

/ Home Built Skid Loader #19  
Very Nice job:

we use something similar for cutting plate with a torch. ours is a bit simplier.

use a 1.5: x 1.5" angle, and a 2" x 14" flat bar. cut to about 10' each and cut some 6" x 14" x 2 and weld them together in a ladder shape, so that the angle is setting like a triangle with point UP. use a set of V grove rollers and skate wheels and make a small rack to roll down the ladder affair... ours is even motorized using a small chaine and a dc gear motor with it's own speed control...

We only need it for stuff OVER 1/4" thick casue we have a 10' x 14" shear !

Mark M /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif