Home electric problem / question help

/ Home electric problem / question help #91  
You're welcome. Bad grounds can do weird things.
No, they do predictable things. It's science, not magic.

Your gfic circuits are not the problem....it is however a faulty ground. when the power load increases the power without a ground will reverse course back up the same load line it came down.
which ever circuit is completing a course in the main box will also be affected via the breaker bus bar.
electricity will back course heating all breakers. thus tripping

This doesn't make much sense, but I think what your saying is if his neutral is "floating", (i.e. not properly connected to the neutral of transformer, which is a separate issue from the neutral(s) not being being grounded) he's splitting 240V across his 120V loads and the breakers don't see the same hot current as neutral current. But he'd get a weird voltage split situation on panel phase 1 circuits versus phase 2 circuit that add to 240 volts (example: 150V on L1 circuits and 90V on L2 circuits).

Now if his neutral doesn't have a good ground connection...so what? This means nothing other than his breakers might not trip in a short circuit situation because there isn't a low impedance path (=high fault current) back to the transformrs neutral.

/ Home electric problem / question help #92  
For breakers, yes that is true.

What you have is a mwbc (multi-wire branch circuit). You can use/install GFI recepticals, but no go on the breakers.
You can use a 220V GFCI breaker, just not a "regular" 120V GFCI breaker.

Aaron Z

/ Home electric problem / question help #93  
You can use a 220V GFCI breaker, just not a "regular" 120V GFCI breaker.

Aaron Z

Otherwise, you'd end up with the exact same symptoms that the OP is experiencing. (i.e. having neutrals inadvertently connected together creates a multi-wire branch circuit).