Home incinerator project

/ Home incinerator project #31  
Burning anything in typical cinder or concrete blocks will destroy the blocks very quickly.

The burn area has to be lined with fire brick.
(Blocks disintegrate because they are full of moisture, water is what cures the cement holding the block together)

Even with fire brick lining, too much heat from a high energy fire will still crack the blocks that are holding the firebrick in place.

My BIL tried for years to have a burner for their beach pavilion.
He must have rebuilt a half dozen times in a decade.
No matter how it was built, after a year or so, the block would crack.

He finally gave up, and bought a propane grill for use at the beach.

Steel is the best answer to building a trash burner.

/ Home incinerator project #32  
I've accidentally trained my cats to make sawdust out of cardboard boxes.

/ Home incinerator project #33  
I'm probably going to buy another XXL pryo cage in the 11 gauge thickness. They didn't offer this thickness when I originally bought it.

That's either a very small person or the XXL is huge. Thanks for bringing these up though. I've been looking for a trash solution to reduce what I have to bring to the transfer station---save up my plastics/stryofoam and only bring them once a month in their $3 pay per throw bag.

I haven't put a ton of thought into it. Still leaning towards rolling my own with concrete/fire brick, but if I go with a purchased solution I'll check out their large with a base and put it on pavers in the woods. No need for a lid in my situation.

XXL
DSF8040-1024x1024.jpg

/ Home incinerator project #34  
Burning anything in typical cinder or concrete blocks will destroy the blocks very quickly.

The burn area has to be lined with fire brick.
(Blocks disintegrate because they are full of moisture, water is what cures the cement holding the block together)

Even with fire brick lining, too much heat from a high energy fire will still crack the blocks that are holding the firebrick in place.

My BIL tried for years to have a burner for their beach pavilion.
He must have rebuilt a half dozen times in a decade.
No matter how it was built, after a year or so, the block would crack.

He finally gave up, and bought a propane grill for use at the beach.

Steel is the best answer to building a trash burner.
I'll take pictures of Dad's (rip)...70 years and still going strong

/ Home incinerator project
That's either a very small person or the XXL is huge. Thanks for bringing these up though. I've been looking for a trash solution to reduce what I have to bring to the transfer station---save up my plastics/stryofoam and only bring them once a month in their $3 pay per throw bag.

I haven't put a ton of thought into it. Still leaning towards rolling my own with concrete/fire brick, but if I go with a purchased solution I'll check out their large with a base and put it on pavers in the woods. No need for a lid in my situation.

XXL
DSF8040-1024x1024.jpg

The XXL is huge. Assembled dimensions are approximately 35" in diameter x 47" tall.

It's going to be even taller once you elevated it with cement blocks. What I like about it is the ability of throwing just about any size cardboard box in it without having to cut it down. I also have trash compactor bag I throw in about every 2 weeks.