Homemade Post Driver

/ Homemade Post Driver #21  
Thanks for the insight. I have watched a few shows concerning Iceland and they are very interesting. I have heard but not sure if true, that long ago, the vikings purposely misnamed Iceland and Greenland so that everyone else would go to Greenland. Also, is it true that Iceland does not allow outsiders to become citizens?

We have such a problem here in USA with illegal aliens. It may end up being our demise.

Just like everyone is probably different in Iceland, most people here in Texas are not cowboys. There are still plenty of cowboys, horses and country music, just not as plentiful as long ago. However, cattle ranching and growing hay are the 2 most dominant uses of land in our county.

/ Homemade Post Driver
Thanks for the insight. I have watched a few shows concerning Iceland and they are very interesting. I have heard but not sure if true, that long ago, the vikings purposely misnamed Iceland and Greenland so that everyone else would go to Greenland. Also, is it true that Iceland does not allow outsiders to become citizens?

We have such a problem here in USA with illegal aliens. It may end up being our demise.

Just like everyone is probably different in Iceland, most people here in Texas are not cowboys. There are still plenty of cowboys, horses and country music, just not as plentiful as long ago. However, cattle ranching and growing hay are the 2 most dominant uses of land in our county.

Hi Kyle_in_Tex Your welcome! You might find this website interresting Inspired By Iceland. The story about the viking settlers trying to send people to Greenland is a myth I think. The viking settlement in Greenland was on the south most tip of Greenland and that is way further south than Iceland (similar latitude as Oslo Norway, Manitoba Canada or Anchorage Alaska) and studies have shown that in viking time this place was green and plentiful - hence the name Greenland. The story is as well that the vikings discovered America way before Columbus and gave it the name Vinland (Land of vine) and the person that discovered it was Leifur Heppni (Leif the lucky) and he actually came from the settlement in Greenland - just a small insight for you into the viking sagas...
With regards to getting Icelandic citizenship everyone can become citizens but there are strict rules such as you have to have lived here for seven years or be married to an Icelander and have lived here for three years. You must have been a functional member of society and be able to provide for yourself and so on and on. You also have to take a specific test to become a citizen.

/ Homemade Post Driver
Back to the matter at hand, here is a new video of the Post Pusher in action

/ Homemade Post Driver #25  
Thanks for sharing this. That's a very nice postsetting rig.

I have one of these [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rEAgOKem48g]Rohrer Manufacturing and Fence Post Driver Information - YouTube[/ame] It weighs about 23kg, and I use on 2.4 - 2.7m steel posts. I especially liked your gravity alignment bucket attachment. I'm going to have to get a similar set up fabricated to lighten the load.

/ Homemade Post Driver #26  
The Roher driver is the cat's meow, I have one also. Only problem is the air supply out in the field. I put my small generatoer and air compressoer in the trailer with the posts and go to it. I talked to Roher about making a hydraulic version but they are happy as is. Sure would save the extra hay if you could use the tractor hydraulics. Of course with the Roher you can use any tow rig for the supplies.

/ Homemade Post Driver #27  
The Roher driver is the cat's meow, I have one also. Only problem is the air supply out in the field. I put my small generatoer and air compressoer in the trailer with the posts and go to it. I talked to Roher about making a hydraulic version but they are happy as is. Sure would save the extra hay if you could use the tractor hydraulics. Of course with the Roher you can use any tow rig for the supplies.

Rohrer seems to be pretty happy with what they have. I called this morning to discuss putting some type of mount on my bucket, and the owner's son told me just to use a chain. Granted, the way it works requires something different than the OP's version; but I was hoping they would see the opportunity in coming up with a professional solution. Guess I'll have to figure it out myself.

IMO if someone in the US could produce something similar to the OP's version, for between $500 and $1000, they'd make a mint. The choices available in the US today are better than hand pounding but cost too much or require extra equipment or people to run. A simple, low cost hydraulic ram in a pipe, with an adjustable bucket mount, allowing for a 2-3ft insertion of up to 4" diameter steel posts would be unique - and sweet.

/ Homemade Post Driver #28  
I like midsetberg's setup. Yet either one would only justify alot of post for the cost.