Hood latch

/ Hood latch #11  
Don't just leave it loosened, maybe put a washer under it to extend it to where you need it, then tighten it! IMO
I didnt actually mean to leave it loose. Loosen the bolts and slide the latch down to adjust it and retighten. It has a slotted adjustment just like car hoods.

/ Hood latch
Gary, thanks for clearing that up....lmao

/ Hood latch #13  
I figured you knew Gary, I stated that for the benefit of the OP.

/ Hood latch #14  
I figured you knew Gary, I stated that for the benefit of the OP.

Well, you are right, with some folks you do need to be specific and precise otherwise they get it all wrong.
Like the blonde Jaguar owner who claimed her car wouldnt move at night. When questioned about proper operation of the transmission, she claimed that she knew how to drive and always used the right gear: she used D for day and N for night and it just wont work in N (ight) operation.

/ Hood latch
Won't be until Saturday... Real work gets in the way of fun work...lol

/ Hood latch
Ok went to farm today loosened the catch pin but when I tightened it back I got same results. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. May have to add washers.. :-(
Locked down with ratchet strap... It ain't going anywhere now.

image-1278027162.jpg

/ Hood latch #18  
Ok went to farm today loosened the catch pin but when I tightened it back I got same results. Not sure what I'm doing wrong. May have to add washers.. :-(
Locked down with ratchet strap... It ain't going anywhere now.

View attachment 299828

I'm sure if you'll get it :thumbsup:
Strap'll sure hold it till then.

/ Hood latch #19  
DO you have enough slots to adjust it. Mine had plenty of adjustment. Just loosen it up, slide it down as much as it will go and try that. You may have to slot it some more. If that don't work, get the dealer to work on it. Check the bottom latching mechanism. It may be loose or mal-adjusted also. It has to be just an adjustment issue

/ Hood latch
You know if it was a broken bone or torn ligaments I wouldn't be so hesitant to work on her... Need to change mentalities once I hit the farm. Will sneak over during the week to give it another shot.