Hood latch

/ Hood latch #31  
I sent a PM to Mike and will post here also. I took a look at mine yesterday and it looks like I just removed some washers from the back side where the nut is and put them on the other side of the pin to make it extend out further. I looks like mine engages about an inch now and holds with no problems. Prior to adjustment it would spring open when I put force on the FEL. It somehow torques the latch when the tractor loads up and if it is barely catching like in Mikes photo it is enough for it to slip out of the catch.

/ Hood latch
Bought a few washers today. I'm hoping that solves the problem.
Will keep you all posted.

/ Hood latch
Put in 2 washers and it looks like problem is resolved.

Thanks for all the help and advise.

/ Hood latch #34  
Maybe the factory forgot to install the washers during assembly. My grill guard is attached with 4 bolts and one is missing a lock washer. Glad you got the problem solved.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet

/ Hood latch
Sent an email to LS about the hood popping open because improper placement or design issues. Got a reply within 24 hrs. I think that's pretty dam good.

Here's what they wrote
"Thank you for the information. LS Tractor enjoys hearing from satisfied customers. I will pass the information on, about the hood latch issue."

Ricky Marks, Service Manager
LS Tractor USA, LLC.
6900 Corporation Parkway
Battleboro, NC 27809
Cell: 252-955-7074
Office: 252-984-4048
Fax: 252-984-0701

/ Hood latch #36  
And yet I send an email to them asking about any updates and or revisions for the web site and I still havent heard back from them, its been over a month now. I must stink or something! :confused3: