Hot dog bun rant

/ Hot dog bun rant #43  
I really like the Meyers sausage, but I've been an even bigger fan of Southside Market sausage (we've called them 'hot guts' forever) going on 70 years!
There are so many good sausage makers. I do like Southside sausage. City Market in Luling. Blacks and Kreuz in Lockhart. Smitty’s. Cooper’s in Llano.

/ Hot dog bun rant #44  
I really like the Meyers sausage, but I've been an even bigger fan of Southside Market sausage (we've called them 'hot guts' forever) going on 70 years!
Are you anywhere near Snow’s in Lexington? That brisket is great. When you can get it. Haven’t been in awhile.

/ Hot dog bun rant #45  
There are so many good sausage makers. I do like Southside sausage. City Market in Luling. Blacks and Kreuz in Lockhart. Smitty’s. Cooper’s in Llano.
Here in Australia, and probably New Zealand, traditionally, a butcher (whether an independent 'shop' or a supermarket) is known by the sausage(s) they make.

We're spoilt for choice.😋

/ Hot dog bun rant #46  
Here in Australia, and probably New Zealand, traditionally, a butcher (whether an independent 'shop' or a supermarket) is known by the sausage(s) they make.

We're spoilt for choice.😋
Do you have links or pictures of sausage or brisket you can post. I’d really like to see what y’all have down under.
Here is a pic I found of the City Market in Luling Texas hot rings.
A1BB46D6-5D8A-4642-B415-87A026C6CCCF.jpeg

/ Hot dog bun rant #47  
Are you anywhere near Snow’s in Lexington? That brisket is great. When you can get it. Haven’t been in awhile.
We live between Cedar Creek and Bastrop. Never been to Lexington when Snow's was open, wish I could time a visit to Lexington when they were open. Heard lots of good things about their brisket.

I've sampled all the other places you've mentioned and agree that they all produce great barbecue.

Appreciated South Side for many years and was happy when they opened the Bastrop location.

/ Hot dog bun rant #48  
We live between Cedar Creek and Bastrop. Never been to Lexington when Snow's was open, wish I could time a visit to Lexington when they were open. Heard lots of good things about their brisket.

I've sampled all the other places you've mentioned and agree that they all produce great barbecue.

Appreciated South Side for many years and was happy when they opened the Bastrop location.
Yeah I know what you mean about timing when they are open. I put Snow’s in the same category as Franklin’s in Austin. The food is fantastic but it’s hard to get to it.

/ Hot dog bun rant #49  
If I could figure out how, I would try to be first in line to try Franklin's. I've heard so much about his BBQ and even watched his show on KLRN that I want to see for myself.

Same with Snow's. But to drive to Lexington and find them closed keeps me home!

/ Hot dog bun rant #50  
If I could figure out how, I would try to be first in line to try Franklin's.
I just don’t know how early you would have to get there to be first in line. Just luck of the draw on how it goes on any given day.