Hot dog bun rant

/ Hot dog bun rant #31  
1685472793317.png

/ Hot dog bun rant
I love the natural casing dogs that have a "snap" when you bite them. One of the Kroger stores near me carries some, but I don't remember the brand.

I have some of my deer meat made into different types of sausage each year. One of the benefits of hunting in the Texas Hill Country is you have plenty of options for deer processors that know how to make sausage.

/ Hot dog bun rant #33  
I love the natural casing dogs that have a "snap" when you bite them. One of the Kroger stores near me carries some, but I don't remember the brand.

I have some of my deer meat made into different types of sausage each year. One of the benefits of hunting in the Texas Hill Country is you have plenty of options for deer processors that know how to make sausage.
You can buy those at butcher counters. Not the packaged kind.

/ Hot dog bun rant #34  
50 years ago they calibrated the machines on a regular basis. 🤣
The buns are made by machine, so they are always going to be within a reasonably close size.

And, not all of them are sliced way off center. So, I'm not sure what's happening?

Perhaps when the cutters are being changed out, the replacements are not being centered?

/ Hot dog bun rant #35  
These are great wrapped in a warm tortilla.

/ Hot dog bun rant #36  
Use a tortilla.

Thread/
Heck, in Australia we simply use a slice of bread (buttered or not) with BBQ or tomato sauce (+ grilled onions if that's your preference). Mind you, that's usually with a snag (sausage), but a 'hotdog' would suffice.

A 'natural skin' saveloy is my preference in a bakery produced long-roll... which I slice myself.

/ Hot dog bun rant #37  
These are great wrapped in a warm tortilla.

I really like the Meyers sausage, but I've been an even bigger fan of Southside Market sausage (we've called them 'hot guts' forever) going on 70 years!

/ Hot dog bun rant #38  
While we're complaining about generic buns; they are also so dang small! Can't hardly get a proper load of toppings atop yer dog anymore.

/ Hot dog bun rant #39  
While stationed in bonnie Scotland, in the mid 80's, the chow hall had buns that resembled a sub sandwich bun. I believe the civilian cooks made them in house.

/ Hot dog bun rant #40  
Wife made taco's last night and we had them in these little taco boats, look like min cement tubs...