House for my Parents

/ House for my Parents #21  
Great project Eddie on so many fronts. Will be nice to have the family so close. Best part of the plans as I see them is that the garage is half the size of the house! That's exactly what I want to build.

/ House for my Parents #22  
If you put the waste and oveflow for the tub on the same
wall as the toilet the plumbing is way easier plus when your in the
tub your head is not right next to the WC.

/ House for my Parents #23  
I am happy for you Eddie, I like that its all one level thats a smart move.

/ House for my Parents #24  
If you put the waste and oveflow for the tub on the same
wall as the toilet the plumbing is way easier plus when your in the
tub your head is not right next to the WC.

That's a good observation. The downside is the accessibility to the faucets, unless Eddie does something different than normal there.

/ House for my Parents #25  
Eddie, if you added 50 yards of fill to build up the pad, what did you do to compact it? Certainly do not want any settling after you pad is in...

Our fire station rebuild finished a year ago. It was rebuilt, mostly because the 50-60 yards of fill did not get compacted enough when it was built years ago. One corner of the building had sunk over 6".

We had to add about 50 yards of dirt to build up the pad. My dad did all that with the backhoe, one yard at a time. I spread and leveled it off, then measured it out and put in the forms.

/ House for my Parents
Eddie, I really like your plan, but was surprised to not see a toilet in the master bath.

I'm surprised it's not in there too!!! I had to go click on the picture of the floorplan that I posted just to make sure. There is going to be a toilet in the small room right next to the tub in the master bedroom. It's just that I have a dozen copies of the plan that I'm adding numbers to, and making my measurements off of, and I somehow deleted the picture of the toilet on this version of the plan.

Eddie

/ House for my Parents #29  
I am happy to see your folks moving next to you. This is the way families should be.

/ House for my Parents #30  
Eddie, why such a big house for two people? I would think something in the 12-1300' range would be way cheaper to heat and cool. I'm around 1300 but I cheated, putting it on a full basement.