House III

/ House III #21  
Paul,

I wish you and yours best of luck. Building a house is the biggest test of any marriage. Ours is still going strong with just a few weeks to go.

Painters primed tooday, the cabinets were delivered and the doors will be getting their hardware tomorrow so I will have a key (yeah).

Saw something I didn't like about the prime coat on the fireplace. It seems a bunch of flecks and dust from the sheetrock was cleaned off and they painted right over it. Guess they will be sanding it down and repainting it. I will show the builder tomorrow.

Paying my last interest payment (while in apartment living) this week. Next month is the final interest only payment then FULL MORTGAGE (ahhhhh).

Well good luck to you Paul and RobS, lets see some real picks. Next it will be landscaping your new home for us all in the spring. But most likely over in CBN.net

/ House III #22  
Well, I have moved the "House" thred over to CBN. Just as a preview, heres a picture of a nice pig hole in the ground...

I hope this goes fast, I realy want to be in this new house.

Attachments

• 33-197528-lotpost.jpg
    33-197528-lotpost.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 109
   / House III
Hey, nice looking hole Paul. I'm with Michael, very anxious to get moved in and start landscaping chores (with tractor of course).

I'm off again tomorrow to finish up our punch list, mostly porch stuff. The drywall finishers started on the garage last night, today we should be getting carpet upstairs and the top layer of crushed concrete on the driveway. Interior trim finished yesterday and the painters are hard at work on the first floor. It's really taking shape finally /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ House III #24  
RobS,

We may just gain some ground on you. The kitchen cabinets are near all just about in, except they supplier didn't order the cabinet that holds the double oven, major isse there. But it will be here in two weeks, not bad since we move in three weeks (or so). But all the upper and lowers are in and they can tidy them up and measure the counter top stuff and move on.

The bathroom cabinets arrived and will be moved in tomorrow morning since they didn't have time tonight. Things are really taking shape.

Got kind of irked with the painters. Sorry but it is my home and I want things done right. While is is the primer coat it is key to make sure things are still done right. Most of the doors are hung, except the downstairs as they don't want them banged into.

Going for appliances tomorrow. Going to get the 10% off and pay the bill when it arrives not a bad offer, but we will see. If they play funny games I will walk and order elsewhere, the power of the almighty dollar.

Paul:

Glad to see things going, it seems only like yesterday I was at that stage and now I am down to crunch time. I will post pics this weekend of the kitchen more as we get color and finish work in.

I will keep up with Paul's updates on CBN.

/ House III
Re: House III, Just About Done

Finally, a few more pictures. We're in the final week with the painters and other finishers hard at work. We painted the porch ceiling (traditional sky blue) and got a primer coat on the porch floor this past weekend. I also put the fishscales on the porch gable. We'll take some time away from construction to move now, then back to finish details on the porch. The floor will be a brick red color, railing needs to be painted and installed and I'd like to get some lattice under it before the winter. Moving this weekend, anyone want to come help /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 33-198817-Entry.JPG
    33-198817-Entry.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 148
   / House III

Here's another shot of the front with the porch gable done. Note the driveway in place of all the mud we used to have. There is a layer of large stone then a layer of crushed concrete (#53) including fines that is packing down nicely. Eventually, we'll have a circle drive in front of the house entry, brick pavers if the budget allows.

I doubt I'll have many more pictures for this thread as we're about done with the construction. It's been a blast and I truly appreciate all the great ideas and tips everyone shared during our project. Thanks too for the compliments and well wishes along the way. I'm anxious to become just another rural property dweller and tractor owner as we enter the next stage of our lives. Thanks again to all, maybe one more photo with a U-Haul van /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Attachments

• 33-198820-Front.JPG
    33-198820-Front.JPG
    46.2 KB · Views: 151
   / House III #27  

Nice job Rob. Thanks for the guided tour /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ House III #28  

I especially like the front entrance, with the oval transom.

/ House III #29  

Rob,

Would you be able to give me the specs on the blue you used for the porch ceiling? We will need something in the near future. Thanks a lot!

Absolutely wonderful house, by the way!

- Gerald

/ House III #30  

That looks REAL nice! Mine will pale in comparason to that house. Looks like you will realy have something to be proud of when its done.