How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck??

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #21  
My gravel pits will load, and so far no matter what I tell them, they over load. I usually ask for 7K and get 8K or more. So I started asking for 6K and still get 8K.

The benefit of the trailer is that you can still use the bed in the truck. I don't load materials, but if you need tools and such, it's nice to have.

They can load my big truck to spot on what I wanted. They have a hard time with the little truck. I have to get out and watch it and motion them when to stop it.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #22  
All the loaders here have scales on them. Usually get within a few hundred pounds or so.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #23  
They can load my big truck to spot on what I wanted. They have a hard time with the little truck. I have to get out and watch it and motion them when to stop it.

No one is allowed out of their vehicle at the local quarry. Their safety sign is the size of a small billboard!

All the loaders here have scales on them. Usually get within a few hundred pounds or so.

Same experience here. I was amazed at how close they got to what I wanted until someone told me they had scales built into the loader.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck??
I am leaning towards saving myself $2000 and taking a pass. It's a hard choice, cause I REALLY want one. I have been dreaming of one for a while. For now I might go with one of those goofy load handler things that you crank to unload the bed. I do need to move in some dirt and gravel but my 3/4 ton isn't big enough to haul much of that anyways. And the 85 F-250 only gets 8 mpg, I don't need that number to drop. I need to start saving and looking for a 1 ton with a dedicated dump bed. The dump trailer is not too attractive to me as most of the places I need to go are pretty tight. Thanks again for all of the guidance.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #25  
Something like this has been on my wish list for awhile. Just haven’t come across the right deal yet...

IMG_1187.jpg

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #26  
Has anyone used one of those goofy load handler things that you crank to unload the bed. I've been looking at them but would like others opinion. Are they worth it?
Thanks

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #27  
A neighbor has a dump flatbed that seems extra handy. Sides can be put on when needed.

Bruce

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck??
Has anyone used one of those goofy load handler things that you crank to unload the bed. I've been looking at them but would like others opinion. Are they worth it?
Thanks

While researching dump inserts I ran across a few forums where people talked about the load handlers. Lots of people said they work very well. My main reason for wanting a dumper is cause I HATE unloading my truck with a shovel. This would save me from having to do that. The heavy duty one will allegedly unload 3000 lbs. And it'll save me $1850.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #29  
Thanks

Borrowed on once and all the material fell to the sides and jammed the belt. Emptied by hand and returned it. You are just as good putting down a tarp and empty half then pull the tarp out.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #30  
Gave one to my dad. He put it on the truck and when he went to dump it the tailgate just lifted up. That was years ago and maybe they changed them but when I just now googled them they look the same.