How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck??

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #41  
Even a small dump trailer is handy:

P6290017.JPG
P6290023.JPG

With brush the 90° dump angle:

P3280002.JPG
P3280007.JPG

The 180° dump angle:

P3280009.JPG
P3280014.JPG

And ready for another load:

P3280016.JPG
P3280019.JPG

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #42  
With a mechanical tilt that might be a nice feature but with hydraulic dumps 45 degrees is plenty. You can dump, drive forward and the load slides off.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #43  
With a mechanical tilt that might be a nice feature but with hydraulic dumps 45 degrees is plenty. You can dump, drive forward and the load slides off.
Well if anything sticks in the trailer, I can pick it up and shake it :laughing::

P8080019.JPG
P8080021.JPG

P8080023.JPG
P8080025.JPG

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #44  
mine is included on the Mulebed lifted.jpg

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #45  
Great thread here!

I have an '85 F250 6.9 diesel that i've used to transport at least 50 tons of excess topsoil off my property, and it has one of those Harbor Freight thingies that you crank to unload. Its capacity is only a ton, so with my typical loads between 3-4000 pounds (verified at the County landfill) you have to rake off much of your load before you can use the unloader. But it still beats shoveling the entire load.

For the guy whose tailgate flipped up when turning the crank, all you have to do is to rake a couple of hundred pounds of material onto the tailgate and it will work fine.

I suppose you could set one of those devices up to run with an electric winch but beefing up the tailgate might be in order.

I've also used the unloader for 3/4" river rock and I can haul a yard at a time but not too fast :)>0).

Slickest thing I saw was a guy who rolled into the landfill with a mid 70's Chevy that he had converted to a dumper using his original bed, some hydraulic pump and a single cylinder in the middle of the bed. He had reinforced the bed with some iron, but it all worked quite well. That setup would eliminate the weight of a dump insert...something to think about.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #46  
there is no way I would choose a dump insert over a dump trailer. Even my smallest dump single axel can haul more than that insert will and it cost less than a new insert.

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #47  
Slickest thing I saw was a guy who rolled into the landfill with a mid 70's Chevy that he had converted to a dumper using his original bed, some hydraulic pump and a single cylinder in the middle of the bed. He had reinforced the bed with some iron, but it all worked quite well. That setup would eliminate the weight of a dump insert...something to think about.

That’s way too much work for a substandard result. I get as much use out of the tough beds on my truck as the dumping feature. And you’d have to put a complete subframe under the bed it would probably weigh as much and you’d have to lift it which would make it look bad.IMG_7422.JPGIMG_7504.JPG

/ How awesome is it to have a dump bed in your truck?? #49  
My quarry says it aint worth their time and money to let pickups and trailers in .:thumbdown: They make enough money off of big loads and not enough on small ones and to many head achs. He delivers a tri ax so cheap for me I jus stock pile it and use it as I need it.:drink: