How can I Dig a 24-30" trench for wires and water?

/ How can I Dig a 24-30" trench for wires and water? #21  
Re: How can I Dig a 24-30\" trench for wires and water?

If you don't want frozen water lines, you'd better dig deeper than 24". If I recall correctly from one of those home improvement shows, the frost line in Minnesota is 36". I have to believe that in Winnepeg the frost line is at least 36". Better check local codes as mentioned above!

/ How can I Dig a 24-30" trench for wires and water? #22  

is your shop going to have water in it year round? If so, 24" won't be deep enough to bury water. In Minnesota we go 42" deep for footings, and water lines to keep them from freezing.

If you plan on letting the waterline freeze in the winter you have to blow out all the water, or the line you put in will rupture.

/ How can I Dig a 24-30" trench for wires and water? #23  

<font color=blue>In Minnesota we go 42" deep for footings, and water lines</font color=blue>

I'll second that. My folks lived in Minnesota, and deep was pretty much a requirement. However, they had a septic line that was only 12"-18" under, and they compensated by putting a layer of 2" foam board over the pipe. Never had a problem in all the years (34 years so far).

The GlueGuy

/ How can I Dig a 24-30" trench for wires and water? #25  

Woodstock,
Try thiis link http://www.ab-eagleline.com. They have a full line of equipment and the stuff is tough.
Good Luck
Dale