How close are you to a “Local” dealer?

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #1  

stumblinhorse

Platinum Member
Tractor
Case Farmall 75C, Kubota L3130
I see recommendations to always buy from a “Local” dealer. How close are you to your local dealer? I am rural. The closet dealers to me is a Green dealer and an Orange dealer, they are 98 miles away. My tractor is a CNH and the closest dealer is 161 miles away.

How local is “local”?

Last edited:
   / How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #2  
I have three TYM dealers all within 45 mins

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #3  
About 25 miles

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #5  
My John Deere dealer is about 5 miles north of my house.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #6  
Three Deere dealerships within 1/2 hour. Seven Deere dealerships within an hour

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #7  
Closest bota dealer is about 70 miles…I consider my local dealer to be about 2.5 hrs away in the other direction.

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #8  
I have 2 Kubota dealers within a half hour. But I bought mine from Barlows in Kentucky. They delivered it and were thousands cheaper. I sometimes buy filters and hydraulic fluid locally but never needed any service in 12 years.

Jeff

/ How close are you to a “Local” dealer? #9  
I’ve got a Deere dealer 3 miles away and a Kubota dealer 4 miles away. I bought a Bush-hog at the Kubota dealer last year and I’ve been going to the Deere dealer every 100 tractor hours for the last (19) years for oil filters. That’s all I’ve needed from the dealer thru my first 1200 hours anyhow.

Having a closest dealer is a nice bonus. At the time I purchased the tractor, I got costs for comparable models from Deere, Kubota, and (NH). The NH was the cheapest by a couple hundred, but the closest dealer dealer was over 20 miles away and their offering had significantly lower hydraulic flow and lift capacity. The costs of the Deere and Kubota were almost identical. If there was just one country song about “Kubota orange” I might have given them a little more consideration.

There was a Mahindra dealer 4.1 miles away, but they closed up a few years ago. I looked at their catalog, but never got a quote on a tractor from them. I’m glad I didn’t, now that they closed up.