How do I fix my plow?

/ How do I fix my plow? #11  
Is the plow binding or hitting something? Dang I know it's frustrating.

/ How do I fix my plow?
I have it set so the right tires ride in the last furrow. The plow is definitely binding. This is the first time to plow this soil and it has rocks from baseball size all the way up past basketball size. I am going slow so as not to break anything. It is a Kubota L3540. In 2wd it will stop and spin. In 4wd it will go ahead and dig up the rock (or break the bolt). I only used 4wd until I broke the first bolt. After that was 2wd but the bolts snapped as soon as the plow started to dig.

/ How do I fix my plow? #13  
Is the hole where the bolt goes through sightly worn or the edges worn round. If so, it could be putting too much stress on one spot of the bolt. I don't know what else it could be with out seeing it in person. Is the plow set up correctly? Plowing at the proper depth?

/ How do I fix my plow?
MIKE R said:
Is the hole where the bolt goes through sightly worn or the edges worn round. If so, it could be putting too much stress on one spot of the bolt. I don't know what else it could be with out seeing it in person. Is the plow set up correctly? Plowing at the proper depth?

I believe the plow is set up correctly. I watched the EverythingAttachments video :D. It seems to be plowing plenty deep. I think the hole itself is in pretty good shape. Maybe it is just a combination of big rocks and weak bolts. I know plowing slowly isn't "right," but I will plow slow this year and try to get all the rocks out. Hopefully a grade 8 will work. Otherwise I'll just have to duct tape it together.

/ How do I fix my plow? #16  
Is the plow back end ( cutting edge not mold board) in line with the inside of right tire ? You might can take out less dirt for now to clear your field. I am so glad we don't have rocks like that!

/ How do I fix my plow? #17  
I think I'd go back a step and try to find out what kind it is and try to find a maker or owner's manual or something for some information. It does not seem right to use more than a grade 2 shear bolt and certainly not a grade 8. Maybe it does, I don't know but I have a single shank ripper that can go 20" deep @75 HP and has a 3/4" grade 2 shear bolt. When the prior owner of it substituted a grade 8 bolt, because he was trying to rip out stumps with a 150 HP tractor, it bent the thing like a pretzel.
Something is not right. Maybe there are too many obstructions in the dirt, maybe the tool is set up wrong but I can't imagine shearing the bolt in 2WD as soon as it goes in the ground. Beats me. It may well be right to use a bigger bolt but if there was more info out there it would be helpful.

/ How do I fix my plow? #18  
In looking at the side view picture it appears that the brake that goes from the top link down to the main frame is bent. Could this be causing the point of the plow to dig in to much and over stress the shear pin. Is the land slide parrallel to the ground while in the furrow?

/ How do I fix my plow?
Hmmm. I see what you mean but I have the top link set up so that it is parallel at its deepest point.

I like the quote in your sig, by the way.

/ How do I fix my plow? #20  
I think you have a few choices.

buy lots of bolts and replace as needed
buy a grade 8 bolt... don't know if Walmart has these. Risks twisting plow or busting something on tractor.
plow more shallowly and when a rock is found maybe it'll bounce over it and after soil is loosened around it it'll come out on some future pass
plow in 2 wheel drive and dig out rock when you loose traction or raise it up and go over it

I think that the plow is doing its job...when you hit an apparently immovable object, it breaks.
trying to pull a big rock out of the ground with a plow is not what it was designed to do.

Based on prior posts and information, I think this is where you are...not what you wanted to hear, but likely the reality.