How do I unplug hydraulic lines from remote?

/ How do I unplug hydraulic lines from remote? #21  
If this has already been mentioned, sorry...

One thing I noticed after installing my T&T (which has pilot operated check valves in the valve sections) is that if pressure is held in the lines to the disconnects, it is virtually impossible to separate the two halves.

If you can hold the hose and twist it, and if the male end rotates in the female end, then you should be able to get the two to come apart by hand. But if the male part does not rotate, chances are pressure in the system is not relieved and you will have great difficulty taking it apart.

The possibility of pressure in the hydraulic line being the problem can be eliminated by loosening the hose end related to that connector, at the cylinder end of the hose ( with the tractor turned off of course). It only requires a slight loosening and re-tightening of a fitting (with all implements sitting on the ground).

As a side issue, one negative of having pilot operated check valves in the control valve sections, rather than mounted on the cylinders, seems to be that somehow pressure is held on one hose, even when the engine is turned off the valve control section is cycled while the tractor engine is off.

But back to what I am trying to say:

If the male part does not rotate in the female part when the hose is twisted, chances are disconnecting by hand will be difficult.