how do i withdraw from this site?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / how do i withdraw from this site? #31  
Well, I gave the OP the benefit of the doubt - that is until he sent a childish threatening private message. In the spirit of never attributing to malice that which can be explained by incompetence, no-one is that incompetent. IMHO, he is nothing but a troll.

/ how do i withdraw from this site? #32  
Frankly, I don't blame the OP for wanting to leave and think this thread is a prime example of exactly what happens when people drink too much TBN Kool-Aid. And don't give me that crap about TBN being a "friendly" place because many things I've personally witnessed clearly indicate otherwise.

Sure, one will probably be fine here if they go along with the status quo, but they'll almost always be attacked or shunned if they dare to go against the norm. Things like this invariably become a feeding frenzy or a witch hunt, where people quickly jump to conclusions while often thinking they are mightier than thou, and it only gets worse from there.

Since a site like TBN is bound to be a magnet for tractor dealers, it only makes sense that someone like the OP will be slammed if they dare to speak harshly about a dealer, or an advertiser. This is only further complicated by the fact that posts and threads here are sometimes censored or deleted if someone dares to speak anything which is contrary to one of the TBN advertisers. Yes, it does happen and I've personally witnessed it. A prime example of which is a thread that was quietly pruned then removed from the welding forum very recently because it's overall tone was not favorable to one of the paid "sticky" advertisers who sells China-made welders.

There, I've said my peace, now let the flames begin.

I could not agree more with this post and I will be happy to take some of the flames.

/ how do i withdraw from this site? #33  
Personally, i wouldn't worry about what other people think and I would just stay on board but be a lurker-type for a while. There are a lot of good people here--and a few odd ducks--but most families are no different. A lot of knowlege can be gained and you can offer some info that others would like to know. For now, I would slide the leaving on the back burner and just hang around and see how things play out and see how you feel in a couple months. Just my two cents.

/ how do i withdraw from this site? #34  
If memory serves me correctly--please advise if I am wrong--, the Op had given the name of the dealer in his first thread. This thread was later deleted by the administrators. I became aware of this because the OP started another thread in regards to the deletion of his first thread. In his second thread, the OP started out by condemning the actions of the administrators. I remember quite vividly the hostile and open arrogance of the OP relating to the deletion of his initial thread and the multiple hostile and hateful comments in regards to the dealer.I have tried unsuccessfully to locate the first thread, but it appears to have been completely deleted from all memory. Rest assured that I can fully understand the frustration that the OP is experiencing, but the OP seems to have an "Anger Management Issue". I intend no malice or ILL feelings toward the OP. But in closing, I would like to make one comment. In doing so, please totally understand that I am or have never been a Pacifist. But, we as members of TBN, must respect and adhere to the administrators' and owner's rules in regards to conduct. Many members, including myself, have had threads that we started, that were deleted, because there were comments made in posts by other members that were not suitable for the Forum. I, and in all probability, the other members that had threads deleted, were disappointed. Two quotes come to mind: "S**T Happens" and "Life is, or will never be, a Bed of Roses". I sincerely hope that everything works out for the OP, and that his problem has a positive ending. Thanks for listening.

/ how do i withdraw from this site? #35  
A prime example of which is a thread that was quietly pruned then removed from the welding forum very recently because it's overall tone was not favorable to one of the paid "sticky" advertisers who sells China-made welders.
Did you ever get around to inquiring of Muhammad as to the reason for said pruning and if it was actually requested by the advertiser like I suggested in that thread, or are you just playing passive-agressive with regard to TBN moderation??

Aaron Z

/ how do i withdraw from this site? #36  
Did you ever get around to inquiring of Muhammad as to the reason for said pruning and if it was actually requested by the advertiser like I suggested in that thread, or are you just playing passive-agressive with regard to TBN moderation??

Aaron Z

What I said is my honest opinion, which is based on far more than any single thread or post that was removed. There was nothing passive-aggressive about my post and as I have shown in the past, if I decided to become aggressive there would be nothing passive about it.

/ how do i withdraw from this site? #37  
how do i withdraw from this site?
Hello. I'm sure you have your reasons, which is none of my bussiness. PM (Private Message) to Muhammad who is the top administrator of this site and should grant your request. I don't think one can actually delete his/her own account. But he can or deactivate it to the point it doesn't show up. This would dwarf another from using your same handle here. Good luck with your ventures whatever they may be. :wave:

/ how do i withdraw from this site? #38  
Personally, i wouldn't worry about what other people think and I would just stay on board but be a lurker-type for a while. There are a lot of good people here--and a few odd ducks--but most families are no different. A lot of knowlege can be gained and you can offer some info that others would like to know. For now, I would slide the leaving on the back burner and just hang around and see how things play out and see how you feel in a couple months. Just my two cents.

Well said. We all need to remember that this is the internet and it is hard to convey emotions and tones. Like sarcasm, joking, or being serious.

In the other post, the OP felt he had a legitimate issue with his dealer. Some relevant questions were asked And the way that "I" read them were just innocent questions. But the OP, having a bad day, may have read into it a bit diffrerently and over-reacted. Which cause a chain-reaction and snow-ball effect to the point we are at now.

Sure, some things in his story dont quite add up, and some clarification would help alot. But who here has a perfect memory? There are times when I am ranting and leave out important information too. I wont go into too many of "his" specifics, but I do think as a whole, TBN was a bit rough on him. Sure, he didnt help matters by not giving clarification, but......I think there are several here who overreacted and started the name-calling. But I am not going to mention names and go down that path.

I hope the OP does stick around. In a month or two, no-one is going to remember this or his "username". And life will go on. I have found that it works best on TBN to have thick skin AND a short memory. Their are those of you in this thread and the other that I do not agree with how you handled yourselves. I refuse ad to the "war" by naming names. But my memory stops once I leave this thread. I wont hold any grudges or think any less of posts made in other threads and on other topics.

Life is short, keep a short memory and grow some thick skin and TBN is great.

/ how do i withdraw from this site? #39  
It has been explained in the past, but apparently needs to be explained once more, so here goes...

Dealer bashing is prohibited on TBN due to several reasons.

A. It is a one-sided story.
B. The O.P. is opening themselves up to legal repercussions by putting things in writing.

You can pretty much tell when someone has an axe to grind when their very first post on TBN is about a "bad" dealer. They join TBN for the sole purpose of extracting their pound of flesh from the alleged "bad" dealer with the intention of inflicting monetary harm on said dealer.

Also, when posts are pruned and/or removed the original poster is usually notified as to the reason it was removed. All of you do not see all posts that are removed and therefore do not know the context or content of those posts.

One more thing. It is TBN policy not to discuss moderation actions in the public forums. If you have any questions about a moderation action, please PM the owners of TBN for clarification, arbitration, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.