How do you carry your chainsaw ?

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #71  
Gordon,

That looks very functional. How is the box attached to the large plywood base? Also the large plywood looks attached to 2 plywood "feet" that sit on the tractor sheet metal.
How are those attachments made, and do you have any rust at the metal to plywood interface?

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #72  
"Functional" is a good way to describe it.
I put a cross support between the rops. Couple pieces of light angle with a PresureTreated wood spacer.

SawBox1.JPG

SawBox2.JPG

Then I have a plywood shelf that just lays in there. The rops locks it in place in a dado cut on the bottom of the plywood. There is no rust on the fenders because I use it every day but the paint is wearing off a little. You could glue a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet on the plywood to slow down the ware.

SawBox3.JPG

Then the box just sits on top also locked in place between the rops with a couple wood cleats on the side of the box. There are no fasteners so I can take it all off except the cross support w/o any tools.

SawBox4.JPG

gg

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #73  
_EM50295.JPG

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #74  
I was inspired by seeing all of these ideas. I ended up using composite decking board for mine, attaching it to a Mahindra ML-130 loader on a 5035 tractor. I used a dado blade to hollow out the inside of the sheath to 1/2" total DSC_0069.jpgDSC_0070.jpgDSC_0071.jpgDSC_0072.jpgDSC_0073.jpgDSC_0074.jpgDSC_0075.jpgDSC_0076.jpg

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #75  
Nice sheath using composite decking was a heck of a good idea for durability !!!

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #76  
I finally got around to painting my carry all and took some pictures. I've been using it all summer and it works well. Surprisingly strong - I stood on it as a test. One downside is it obstructs the rear view some.
View attachment 291812View attachment 291813View attachment 291814

I know this user doesn't seem to be active anymore, but this looks like a really good setup. I was just about to order a Kolpin chainsaw mount, but I think I am going to skip it for something much more versatile like this item.

I love the ideas I can get from this forum!

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #77  
I make cheap wooden carriers for my chainsaws. They are quick and easy to make.

Attachments

• DSCN4315.JPG
    DSCN4315.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 585
   / How do you carry your chainsaw ? #78  
It is nice to have a thread with all these good saw carrying ideas in one place. Something for everybody.

Here are the two saws on my M5640. One on the loader post - pretty common. The other in back with a tool box.

SawScabbard3.JPG

ToolBox.JPG

gg

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #79  
It is nice to have a thread with all these good saw carrying ideas in one place. Something for everybody.

Here are the two saws on my M5640. One on the loader post - pretty common. The other in back with a tool box.

View attachment 539303

gg

Hey Gordo,

Those look too nice to beat up in the woods!

I like the welded on mounts on your FEL tower, but don't have enough skill to do it myself yet- AND on our little tractor, there wouldn't be room for my @rse between the saw and the fender anyway- as it it is, I have to be real slow and careful not to catch the PTO or speed range levers with said posterior projection, or overhanging coattails, especially when dismounting.

I have to ask though- is that crossover hand grip across your dash OEM?

My SWMBO has some problems getting up onto the driving deck because of her [handi-capable] disabilities, and something like that would be a Godsend for her in both mounting and dismounting...

I'm saving a copy of your picture so I can try and replicate it.

Thanks and stay warm!,
PA

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #80  

Hey Gordo,

I have to ask though- is that crossover hand grip across your dash OEM?

PA

Thanks and yes it is. And you are right - between that and the hand grip on the fender there is plenty to grab both mounting and dismounting.

gg