How do you carry your chainsaw ?

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #81  
Thanks and yes it is. And you are right - between that and the hand grip on the fender there is plenty to grab both mounting and dismounting.gg

I agree, that hand grip looks great. On our M59, the canopy upright serves the same function, I sure need something to grab hold of when getting on & off.

Here's a picture of a chainsaw mount. It's just basically made out of scraps of wood. I laid the saw on a 2 foot length of 1" pine board and then started adding pieces of wood until I had a holster built that fit decently. It rattled, so I added that piece of black rubber you see in the photo. I then clamped the holster to the loader upright, drilled 4 holes, threaded them in the loader upright, and and bolted the holster on. The loader upright is a hollow member of heavy steel, and more than stout enough to mount things.
rScotty

Attachments

• Holster & saw.JPG
    Holster & saw.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 876
  • Holster.JPG
    Holster.JPG
    950.8 KB · Views: 652
   / How do you carry your chainsaw ? #82  
I agree, that hand grip looks great. On our M59, the canopy upright serves the same function, I sure need something to grab hold of when getting on & off.

Here's a picture of a chainsaw mount. It's just basically made out of scraps of wood. I laid the saw on a 2 foot length of 1" pine board and then started adding pieces of wood until I had a holster built that fit decently. It rattled, so I added that piece of black rubber you see in the photo. I then clamped the holster to the loader upright, drilled 4 holes, threaded them in the loader upright, and and bolted the holster on. The loader upright is a hollow member of heavy steel, and more than stout enough to mount things.
rScotty

Hey rScotty,

I like your grab handle there too, but it would be too low for mine and Gordo's tractors.

You both made a nice holder, AND took nice pictures, but I have to ask- what were you using the saw bar to trap in the open tube of the loader mount- it's there when the saw is in the holder, but absent when you took the picture sans-saw?

If'n you don't mind me asking, that is...?

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #83  
When I've carried mine, I just put it between my feet on the transmission hump area. I only use electrics now.

Ralph

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #84  
Hey rScotty,

I like your grab handle there too, but it would be too low for mine and Gordo's tractors.

You both made a nice holder, AND took nice pictures, but I have to ask- what were you using the saw bar to trap in the open tube of the loader mount- it's there when the saw is in the holder, but absent when you took the picture sans-saw?
If'n you don't mind me asking, that is...?

Good Catch, PA,
That open tube of the loader mount doesn't go all the way through. Kubota only made it about a foot deep. But that is just right for a stuff sack holding a chain saw tool roll and a couple of plastic bottles carrying a quart of chainsaw fuel and some bar oil. When I take the saw off I pull that stuff sack out and keep it with the saw.
luck,
rScotty

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #85  
Good Catch, PA,
That open tube of the loader mount doesn't go all the way through. Kubota only made it about a foot deep. But that is just right for a stuff sack holding a chain saw tool roll and a couple of plastic bottles carrying a quart of chainsaw fuel and some bar oil. When I take the saw off I pull that stuff sack out and keep it with the saw.
luck,
rScotty

Hi again rScotty,

I only thought of it maybe being sundries for chainsaw use after I posted, but the saw makes a good plug for the tube, and hauling those there looks right convenient in that scenario.
Good idear!

Stay well!
PA.

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #86  
Hi again rScotty,

I only thought of it maybe being sundries for chainsaw use after I posted, but the saw makes a good plug for the tube, and hauling those there looks right convenient in that scenario.
Good idear! PA.

It is clever, isn't it? I wish I could tell you how I planned that all out and built it specifically so that the chainsaw bar would just perfectly close off that storage space exactly when it needed to do so.

But the truth is that I built that chainsaw holster out of scrap without measurements or planning. It wasn't until the holster was all done, mounted, & I put the saw into it did I notice that the saw bar became the door for a perfect little tool box.

My philosophy has always been, "Good Luck beats good planning"
good luck,
rScotty

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #87  
Hi rScotty,

I say pretty much the same thing a lot-

"While I'm always trying to be as good at what I do as I can,

I'd rather be lucky than good!"

I think I like your's better though.

Thomas

/ How do you carry your chainsaw ? #88  
Just finished this... and no... I don't plan to carry all of that stuff every day

However that will occur from time to time on specific chores. Just have to be aware of your surroundings but I rarely travel in woods with the tractor. Mostly my clearing and cleaning is slightly overgrown pastures, food plots and fence rows and those are all more open areas. Just need to have it all with me at times so I staged it all up to see what all I could get on there and to plan for what all I can carry. Sometimes the pole saw might be a trimmer. Sometimes that spot might be a shovel or a rake. Etc.

The basket is Tractor Mikes Tractor Caddy. Of the couple of these sorts I looked at his was the largest widest one and the price was about the same. The long tool holder and chain saw holder are Northern Tool sourced "Bannon" brand attachments designed for their expanded mesh trailers. A few modifications and they work for this caddy pretty well too.

Attachments

• IMG_5009.jpg
    IMG_5009.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 524
  • IMG_5011.jpg
    IMG_5011.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_5013.jpg
    IMG_5013.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 356
  • IMG_5018.jpg
    IMG_5018.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 358
  • IMG_5014.jpg
    IMG_5014.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 378
Last edited:
   / How do you carry your chainsaw ? #89  
A few more supporting photos that support the above post that is now too old to edit.

Attachments

• IMG_5010.JPG
    IMG_5010.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 413
  • IMG_4955.JPG
    IMG_4955.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 353
  • IMG_4954.JPG
    IMG_4954.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 514
  • IMG_5007.JPG
    IMG_5007.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 467
   / How do you carry your chainsaw ? #90  
Just a couple pictures of my holder I made out of a plastic cutting board. I got the idea off from TBN a few months back. Works great safe and out of the way. A cutting board, a few cuts. a little drilling and a few bolts. She works pretty good. RyanIMG_1791.JPG25962.jpeg.jpgIMG_1450.JPG