How do you chain down YOUR tractor?

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #31  
I put one chain over the brush guard ( 1/2 thick plate bolted to the frame with 4 1/2 bolts), and one chain over the backhoe subframe. The tractor is about 8,500 pounds so less than the federal 10,000 pound 4 chain law.

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #32  
I've never seen Ice Road Truckers, so can't comment on their tie downs. But what I see on large trucks around here is: if it has treads or wheels, it has chains. Everything else is straps, but with the bed-mounted ratchet winches, not ratchet straps. I only see ratchet straps on the "little guys' trailers."

Bruce

So you'd even chain down an ATV four wheeler or a motorcycle if it's in a large truck?

For light stuff straps are fine. Tires or not.

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #33  
well paul I wounder how the truck driver that lost his load of coil steel that was chain bound over buy us and killed the oncoming local lady driver feels, so paul if ya keep throwing darts, the straps you refer to are clip ends they fit rite on my rubrail and yes I do have some good day to ya oh and im not a yung pup eather my other dog is part pit and rot LOL

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #34  
well paul I wounder how the truck driver that lost his load of coil steel that was chain bound over buy us and killed the oncoming local lady driver feels, so paul if ya keep throwing darts, the straps you refer to are clip ends they fit rite on my rubrail and yes I do have some good day to ya oh and im not a yung pup eather my other dog is part pit and rot LOL

So what's up with the Darts thing I didn't know I tossed anything? Also I haven't a clue or a care why you want to mention anything about your dogs But since you did I have no problems with Pit's or Rot's as they are very sweet easy to train dogs. I have rescued many of them over the years! My personal favorites are the Rots and German Shepherd. Currently I only have My Shepherd but he is the one rescue I just didn't have the heart to give up. Sometimes they just bond with you and you know they are keepers!

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #35  
My concern with me using the straps (B2620 Kubota) is that I like to weave the strap over/under/over the rear axle. This make and excellent place to locate the strap. But, after mowing for a couple hours in this 90 degree + heat, the rear axle/transmission is very hot. I wonder how that might effect the strength of the strap.???

I usually take a brake at the end of this mowing chore to let it cool down a bit. But it is still hot. The front axle doesn't get that hot where I use the same over/under/over placement.
Cheers to all this morning.............it's going to be about 95 degrees again today.
Mike

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #36  
So what's up with the Darts thing I didn't know I tossed anything? Also I haven't a clue or a care why you want to mention anything about your dogs But since you did I have no problems with Pit's or Rot's as they are very sweet easy to train dogs. I have rescued many of them over the years! My personal favorites are the Rots and German Shepherd. Currently I only have My Shepherd but he is the one rescue I just didn't have the heart to give up. Sometimes they just bond with you and you know they are keepers!
you sir win the humanitarian award and must be a dart throwin champ?

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #37  
my apology to the original poster :drink:

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #39  
I'm confused about the dogs as well..... Love pits though!

I use two short chains with ratchet binders on the front and a chain to a chain hook on the draw bar. Thought about a Clovis but like the fact that the hook holds both sides independently.

/ How do you chain down YOUR tractor? #40  
dogs was a joke, he just woke this oldog up lol that's what makes this country great we all have the freedom of a choice!!! many have fought and died to give us this rite just don't empose your will on others and where all good. idk if it was a brush with death or what but I stand on firmer ground today than I used to. was just over a yr ago we was taken out by a drunk driver and the wife and I was on the Harley.bike was totaled and I took a helicopter ride that I don't remember