how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #11  
Around here the local dump/transfer station will take it. NAPA/Autozone ect will take it. Most like 5 gal or less; kinda hard when you change hydro and engine on a bigger tractor. My TC40 has 9.6 gallons in the hydro, and 1.5 gallons in the motor.

None of the places you called could tell you where to take it?

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #12  
I just pour out a small quantity around my wood fence posts, as good a creosote to keep them from rotting.
I don't believe in Global warming either!!

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #13  
I burn the stuff in my shop/garage for heat. Other than the small cost of building the stove, its free heat which has more btu power than wood and stores easier. I Like save'n hyd oil for when its colder to mix with used engine oil to thin it or just burn it straight.

The stove design is of such that all you see from the flew, other than very little smoke at start up, is heat vapors.:thumbsup: Far less smoke than the wood stove put out and was taking up far more real estate in the building.

Yes, global warming is stuff, rubbish and nonsense.:)

The EPA/goverment regs are killing the USA quicker than global warming is killing the rest of the planet!! :D

I'll take your oil!

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #14  
I just take it to my transfer station-for free.

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #15  
I saturate the stumps in my burn pile with some of it. It, along with the pine creosote, helps assure that they are reduced to cinders. I take the rest to my buddy's garage. He has a company out of Greensboro pick it up. They pay him for it, don't know how much. Happy Tractoring.:tractor::tractor:

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #16  
Wal Mart takes it.

I just changed my hydraulic fluid, 9.3 gallons and my dealer took it for his furnace.

You will be finding more places are taking oil because oil recycling companies are paying them for it.

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #17  
I just pour out a small quantity around my wood fence posts, as good a creosote to keep them from rotting.
I don't believe in Global warming either!!

Niiiiice, my neighbor sprayed his fence post with oil/diesel/tar mix and he lives a 1/2 mile away up on a hill and now our pond and the 2 of the neighbors ponds that are down hill from his farm have a nice oil sheen on them. The rainbow sheen is so pretty...not.

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #18  
My Kubota dealer takes used oil and uses it to heat their shop.

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil
you guys are alot luckier than i am. i JUST CALLED AUTOZONE HERE...NOPE, THEY WONT TAKE IT. dang caps. Next i just placed a craigslist ad for free 20 gal . i hope that generates some calls. Thanks for the ideas. Now im dreading the next tractor service.

/ how do you get rid of old hyd fluid and used oil #20  
My local mechanic heats his shop with waste oil. I take all of my waste oils to him... last year I did the full service on my tractor and with the amount of oil I gave him.. he didn't charge me for a 20 min job that I don't have a lift to be able to do it. Win-Win for both of us.