How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #1  

Mith

Veteran Member
on equipment there are stickers on it with like the name written on it. ok, they arent the best stickers in the world and some of mine were peeling off. i pulled the rest off and it left a kinda like sticky residue on the paint - how do i get it off?
and help is appreciated
mith

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #2  
Nail polish remover or gasoline should do the trick. Put some on a paper towel or rag and rub.

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #3  
There are products called "goof off" or "oops". This will take off the glue and won't hurt the paint. you can find it at paint stores or the big box stores.

Good luck PeterT

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #4  
Also lighter fluid, the kind in a can that goes into a zippo lighter.

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #5  
I gotten to the point that if I buy a product that has a sticker that will not come off easily. I'm going to return it to the store where I bought it.
Just my little battle with wrappings and stickers. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off
thanks for all your reply
im gunna try them all now
let you know how it goes
mith

ron - i think the world is at a stage when nearly everything comes with stickers or in wrapping except 2nd hand tractors which come without wrapping and their stickers /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
mith

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #9  
I, too, would start with the WD-40 and I don't think you'll have to try the others, although they'd probably work just fine, too. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

bird - i started with the WD-40 and i couldnt see it doing anything
moved on to petrol - worked like a champ you just cruck a load at the sticky stuff rub with a cloth and off it comes - the petrol just melts it, and the polish too /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif (polish, whats that /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif)
didnt try the others as i didnt have them to hand but thanks for all you suggestions and merry christmas /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif
mith