How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off
pity i didnt wait and try all these especially the regular eraser - it cost me about £1 in petrol
as i say WD-40 didnt work for me but maybe you have to leave it on there or something
hey im impatiant /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif
mith

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #22  
use any citrus based cleaner... I used to do janitor work and we had an orange air freshener spray and it worked great for taking all kinds of stickers off of windows.. anything from scotch tape to the stickers they use for business signs.

it looks like im gunna have to pull of more stickers to try these out
destructo_D welcome to the forum - does you personality live up to your name? /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #24  
Peter "T" has it right, I always use "GOOF OFF ",works great. It can be bought were else, Wall Mart. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #25  
All those products work well. If not on 'these' kind of stickers, then most likely on 'those'. The only thing to watch for is using nail polish remover or anything with acetone. That's pretty potent stuff and might craze a finish that gasoline or WD-40 wouldn't bother.

the stickers were on a plastic bonnet and some on a metal fender - the petrol didnt do any damage to either surface
goof-off or similar is mentioned often - ive never seen it here in the UK but i guess there is a similar think with a different name here
mith

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #27  
Rain-X hasn't been mentioned, so I'm throwing it into the mix. I've only used it on glass to remove parking lot , inspection, etc sticker glue, but it works great. Just put a little on a rag, full strength, and rub off the glue.

is rain-X some sort of water repellant for windshields?
mith

/ How do you get sticky stuff left by stickers off #29  
I've used a variety of things: RainX, WD40, bug and tar remover, but the easiest I've found is lighter fluid. Works like a charm and leaves no residue.

Pete