How do you hang it from you bucket?

/ How do you hang it from you bucket? #11  
I just welded a couple of grab hooks to the top of my bucket. Of course, mine is reinforced for the grapple mount as well.

/ How do you hang it from you bucket? #12  
welded 3/8" 2x2 angle then the hooks
bucketonmachine7.jpg

/ How do you hang it from you bucket? #13  
Ok! I've got to make me a tooth bar, I'm in the process of making a brush rake for my bucket now (buying materials) and think I'll modify it so they will inter-change.

Baby Grand; in the 3rd and 4th picture you have a red connector, I've never seen one like that before, what's it called and where you get?

It's called a grab link and I got mine at Bailey's, but Northern has them too:

http://www.baileysonline.com/itemdetail.asp?item=17938

Chain Saddle Grab Link | Electric Chain Hoists | Northern Tool + Equipment

Very handy item to keep around.

Last edited:
   / How do you hang it from you bucket? #14  
I welded a full length piece of 3" channel iron across the top edge of my bucket then welded three weld-on 3/8 grab hooks to the channel iron. One in the middle and the other two 6" in fron each end. I would suggest that you reinforce the top edge of your bucket and remove the bucket from the tractor before welding.

/ How do you hang it from you bucket? #15  
These are my bucket hooks that I added.

Attachments

• Hooks On.JPG
    Hooks On.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 514
   / How do you hang it from you bucket? #16  
I put both grap hook and slip hook on, facing grab hooks in opposite directions so I can hook in front of the bucket or behind. Also put a set on both ends of bucket.

Attachments

• grapple 005.jpg
    grapple 005.jpg
    326.3 KB · Views: 463
   / How do you hang it from you bucket? #17  
I welded a full length piece of 3" channel iron across the top edge of my bucket then welded three weld-on 3/8 grab hooks to the channel iron. One in the middle and the other two 6" in fron each end. I would suggest that you reinforce the top edge of your bucket and remove the bucket from the tractor before welding.

Why remove the bucket?

/ How do you hang it from you bucket? #18  
I've been using this for about ten years now and would have the same setup on a new tractor tomorrow.

I have three slip hooks two on the ends and one in the middle.
Two grab hooks in between. This allows me numerous combinations of chain setups to lift and move rocks, roots, trees etc. I also have a 2" receiver mounted top/center I use this to move my trailers around, with the front wheels so close to the hitch I can move and turn my trailers on a dime. It's a lot but over the years I've used them all.

Attachments

• (Medium).jpg
    (Medium).jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 549
   / How do you hang it from you bucket? #19  
With the currents and voltages involved in arc welding, it could induce some damaging currents or voltages into delicate electronics. Even with everything grounded, 100-200 amps could easily damage a CMOS device that will pop just from static.

I have heard rumors of such, but never seen it happen and have seen and done welding done plenty of times on things with way more electronics than a tractor. Muffler shops weld mufflers on all day long without incident. Body shops weld on cars all the time without incident. I assure you they are not removing the electronics prior to doing it.

You aren't passing the welding current through everything in the vehicle. Only from where you are welding to your ground clamp. And, you pass that many amps through the chassis every time you start it. Path of least resistance and all that.

As far as I am concerned it's a wive's tale, but I am sure I will get plenty of replies from people who had it happen to their sisters cousins uncle or something.

/ How do you hang it from you bucket? #20  
Bolt on Shackle Points each side of the bucket next to the main lift arm.
I added a plate inside of the bucket to help out some but with the limited lift of the SCUT not sure I needed the reenforcement, good to have though.

I can use shackles or hooks, no tow balls… LoL.

I use a chain that connects to the two points and goes to a single mid point.

No pics yet, will post IF and when I get them...